Ryan Newton | 6 Apr 09:09 2013
Picon

ANNOUNCE: hydra-print-0.1.0.0

Hello cafe,

This is an NCurses front end for visualizing a dynamic collection of text streams (e.g. as produced by "make -j" or "cabal -j").  It just splits the window when more streams appear.

Right now I'm using it for the monad-par benchmark script, but I hope to provide a cabal patch soon.

Cheers,
  -Ryan
Joachim Breitner | 6 Apr 17:11 2013
Picon

Re: ANNOUNCE: hydra-print-0.1.0.0

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 06.04.2013, 03:09 -0400 schrieb Ryan Newton:

> This is an NCurses front end for visualizing a dynamic collection of
> text streams (e.g. as produced by "make -j" or "cabal -j").  It just
> splits the window when more streams appear.
>

>    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hydra-print
>
>    http://parfunk.blogspot.com/2013/04/hydra-print.html
>

> Right now I'm using it for the monad-par benchmark script, but I hope
> to provide a cabal patch soon.

just FYI, there is a related library,
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/concurrentoutput, that will not split
the view but interleave the lines of each thread as they finish, but
append additional data before the newline (e.g. ".....") to the right
line.

Greetings,
Joachim

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata <at> debian.org | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata <at> joachim-breitner.de | http://people.debian.org/~nomeata