Marcos Pividori | 16 Apr 03:47 2013
Picon

Google Summer of Code

Hi, I am a Computer Science student from Argentina. I am interested in working this summer on some project related to Haskell for the Google Summer of Code. I have learned a lot about this, because in my career, we have a special approach in functional programming. So, I would like to know about recent projects and who could mentor me.
I found a ticket about improving Parsec. http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1556 Is anyone working with this?
Thanks,
Marcos Pividori
Roman Cheplyaka | 16 Apr 07:40 2013

Re: Google Summer of Code

* Marcos Pividori <marcospividori <at> gmail.com> [2013-04-15 22:47:41-0300]
> Hi, I am a Computer Science student from Argentina. I am interested in
> working this summer on some project related to Haskell for the Google
> Summer of Code. I have learned a lot about this, because in my career, we
> have a special approach in functional programming. So, I would like to know
> about recent projects and who could mentor me.
> I found a ticket about improving Parsec.
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1556 Is anyone
> working with this?

Hi Marcos,

That ticket is 5 years old and is mostly outdated. Most of the specific
things it mentions (speed, error messages) have been improved already.

Parsec certainly could benefit from a cleanup and better documentation,
but it doesn't seem like a good fit for GSoC.

(Could someone with an account close that ticket?)

Roman

Gmane