Martin Ruderer | 30 Apr 11:46 2013
Picon

GSoC - A Cabal Project

Hi,

I am proposing a GSoC project on Cabal. It aims to open up the dependency solver
for debugging purposes.

The details are here: https://gist.github.com/mr-/7995081f89cff38e9443

I would really like to hear what you think about it.

Best regards, Martin
Andres Löh | 30 Apr 11:57 2013

Re: GSoC - A Cabal Project

Hi.

Martin and I have already talked about this project quite a bit. I
think it would be very useful functionality to have, and there's a
good progression from some goals that are relatively easy to reach
with low risk (but already useful) to other goals that are much more
advanced and ambitious that will ensure that there's not going to be a
shortage of work. The project would have the additional benefit of
someone who is not me having to work deep within the modular
dependency solver, which would hopefully result in improved
documentation and possibly some refactorings that make the code easier
to understand.

(And yes, I would be willing to be mentor for this project.)

Cheers,
  Andres

Andres Löh, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, http://www.well-typed.com
Johan Tibell | 30 Apr 17:33 2013
Picon

Re: GSoC - A Cabal Project

Sounds like a good idea. Go ahead and apply. :)