Christopher Howard | 4 May 12:00 2013

GPGPU

Has anybody on the list been playing around with OpenCL at all? I'm just
starting to look into it - need to get a newer Radeon card, I think -
but I'm strongly interested in GPGPU programming.

frigidcode.com

Jason Dagit | 4 May 19:21 2013
Picon

Re: GPGPU

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Christopher Howard
<christopher.howard <at> frigidcode.com> wrote:
> Has anybody on the list been playing around with OpenCL at all? I'm just
> starting to look into it - need to get a newer Radeon card, I think -
> but I'm strongly interested in GPGPU programming.

This is about as far as I've made it:
http://dagit.github.io/posts/2013-04-29-opencl-and-language-c-quote.html

Jason
Anthony Cowley | 4 May 20:54 2013

Re: GPGPU

I wrote this some time ago.

I know that soon after I wrote that, it worked with both OpenCL and gloss from hackage, but there may be some bitrot at this point.

Anthony

--
frigidcode.com

Jason Dagit | 4 May 21:17 2013
Picon

Re: GPGPU

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Anthony Cowley <acowley <at> seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> I wrote this some time ago.
>
> http://www.arcadianvisions.com/blog/?p=346
>
> I know that soon after I wrote that, it worked with both OpenCL and gloss
> from hackage, but there may be some bitrot at this point.

Some of the links in the blog seem to be broken as well. For instance,
the link to the animation screen shot.

Jason
Anthony Cowley | 4 May 23:16 2013

Re: GPGPU

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Anthony Cowley <acowley <at> seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
>> I wrote this some time ago.
>>
>> http://www.arcadianvisions.com/blog/?p=346
>>
>> I know that soon after I wrote that, it worked with both OpenCL and gloss
>> from hackage, but there may be some bitrot at this point.
>
> Some of the links in the blog seem to be broken as well. For instance,
> the link to the animation screen shot.
>
> Jason

Thanks to the nudge from Jason, the bitrot has now been scraped off.
The post is prettier, the code all works again, and the screenshot has
been restored.

Anthony
Jason Dagit | 5 May 00:02 2013
Picon

Re: GPGPU

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Anthony Cowley <acowley <at> seas.upenn.edu> wrote:

> Thanks to the nudge from Jason, the bitrot has now been scraped off.
> The post is prettier, the code all works again, and the screenshot has
> been restored.

Nice! That's a very cool demo.

Jason
Trevor L. McDonell | 12 May 06:06 2013

Re: GPGPU

Hi all,

To be fair this is a shameless plug, but if you want to do GPGPU programming in Haskell your best bet at the
moment is probably Accelerate:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate

There is a CUDA backend for NVIDIA cards with demonstrated good performance and many example programs, the
quasicrystal demo being the simplest. See also the github page, with issue tracker etc.

https://github.com/AccelerateHS/

</shameless plug>

Cheers,
-Trev