Mark Lentczner | 13 May 16:39 2013
Picon

Release Candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2

Some of the release candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2 are up.
These are what I expect to simply "re-brand" as the release, unless anyone uncovers some issues.
If you decide to test these out, please let me know how it goes.

The Mac OS X RC2 installers:

Notable new things in Haskell Platform 2013.2:
  • GHC 7.6.3
  • Major update to OpenGL & GLUT
  • New packages:
    • attoparsec
    • case-insensitive
    • hashable
    • unordered-containers
— Mark "mad releaser" Lentczner

Alfredo Di Napoli | 13 May 16:58 2013
Picon

Re: Release Candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2

That's awesome :)
I'm just curious to dig deeper inside the updates to OpenGL and GLUT, any link or "change notes" I can read?

Thanks,
A.

Some of the release candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2 are up.
These are what I expect to simply "re-brand" as the release, unless anyone uncovers some issues.
If you decide to test these out, please let me know how it goes.

The Mac OS X RC2 installers:

Notable new things in Haskell Platform 2013.2:
  • GHC 7.6.3
  • Major update to OpenGL & GLUT
  • New packages:
    • attoparsec
    • case-insensitive
    • hashable
    • unordered-containers
— Mark "mad releaser" Lentczner

Mark Lentczner | 13 May 18:00 2013
Picon

Re: Release Candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2

OpenGL and GLUT were very down-rev for quite a number or HP releases. The recent changes are:
  • OpenGL 2.2.3.1 ⟶ 2.8.0.0
  • GLUT 2.1.2.1 ⟶ 2.4.0.0
I know that this involved a fair bit of juggling and there are two new modules OpenGLRaw and GLURaw.

Perhaps Jason D. can fill us in on the highlights?

I'm just curious to dig deeper inside the updates to OpenGL and GLUT, any link or "change notes" I can read?

Thanks,
A.

Some of the release candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2 are up.
These are what I expect to simply "re-brand" as the release, unless anyone uncovers some issues.
If you decide to test these out, please let me know how it goes.

The Mac OS X RC2 installers:

Notable new things in Haskell Platform 2013.2:
  • GHC 7.6.3
  • Major update to OpenGL & GLUT
  • New packages:
    • attoparsec
    • case-insensitive
    • hashable
    • unordered-containers
— Mark "mad releaser" Lentczner

harry | 13 May 17:21 2013

Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Some of the release candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2 are up.These
are what I expect to simply "re-brand" as the release, unless anyone
uncovers some issues.

Will they go on
http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/ReleaseCandidates?
(http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ has a few outdated links. Does
anyone know what the current links are for the documentation sections?)
Mark Lentczner | 13 May 18:57 2013
Picon

Re: Release Candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2

It's a wiki - please feel free to do some maintenance when you find it!
I fixed the ReleaseCandidates page.

- Mark

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM, harry <voldermort <at> hotmail.com> wrote:
Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Some of the release candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2 are up.These
are what I expect to simply "re-brand" as the release, unless anyone
uncovers some issues.

Will they go on
http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/ReleaseCandidates?
(http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ has a few outdated links. Does
anyone know what the current links are for the documentation sections?)

Kim-Ee Yeoh | 13 May 21:42 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Some of the release candidates for Haskell Platform 2013.2 are up.

Kudos! Exactly 7 days from the scheduled date, as stated. Hope to give them a whirl once the other OSes are baked.

-- Kim-Ee