Daniel Díaz Casanueva | 25 May 22:52 2013
Picon

Cabal config file Guide

Hello Cafe!

As you already know, cabal-install is configured in the file "config". It has a lot of fields, but I didn't find a single place where each field is explained with detail. Most of the options are trivial enough to understand what they do without previous explanation, but some of them aren't. Therefore, in order to know what these options do, you have to search info about that one specifically, when it would be much more convenient to have all the information together.

So, is there any place like this out there in the web?

Thank you,
Daniel Díaz.
Albert Y. C. Lai | 26 May 21:14 2013
Picon

Re: Cabal config file Guide

On 13-05-25 04:52 PM, Daniel Díaz Casanueva wrote:
> As you already know, cabal-install is configured in the file "config".
> It has a lot of fields, but I didn't find a single place where each
> field is explained with detail.

There is none, but my new and timely

http://www.vex.net/~trebla/haskell/cabal-cabal.xhtml

talks about a few, and one of them is a real surprise.