Amy de Buitléir | 7 Jun 18:30 2013
Picon

ANNOUNCE: som-4.0 (for data analysis and visualisation)

Do you have some data that you'd like to understand better? I'm happy to
announce a new release of a package called som that may help:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/som
    https://github.com/mhwombat/som/wiki (wiki)

A Kohonen Self-organising Map (SOM) maps input patterns onto a regular grid
(usually two-dimensional) where each node in the grid is a model of the input
data, and does so using a method which ensures that any topological
relationships within the input data are also represented in the grid. This
implementation supports the use of non-numeric patterns.

In layman's terms, a SOM can be useful when you want to discover the
underlying structure of some data. I have a brief tutorial in the wiki,
which I hope to expand over the next few weeks.

WHAT'S NEW
- It is now easier to for non-math types to create a SOM (see defaultSOM)
- Added another example to the wiki
aditya bhargava | 17 Jun 03:32 2013
Picon

Re: ANNOUNCE: som-4.0 (for data analysis and visualisation)

This sounds really cool! I'm going to have to read up on SOMs.

[...]

adit.io