Ian-Woo Kim | 9 Jun 00:00 2013
Picon

[ANNOUNCE] fficxx : haskell-C++ FFI binding generator

Dear Haskellers,

Hello.

I am very happy to announce the first version of fficxx
(http://ianwookim.org/fficxx, also, please look at
http://github.com/wavewave/fficxx )

fficxx is a haskell Foreign Function Interface (FFI) generator to C++.
This tool automatically generates
haskell FFI package for a given C++ class structure. It has been used
for generating my haskell binding to the ROOT library [1] called HROOT
[2]. Now I made it as a separate tool to benefit everyone trying to
make a haskell-C++ binding.

I am going to explain how to use the library/tool one by one in my
blog ( http://ianwookim.org/blog ). Currently, in the fficxx cabal
package, I provide a very simple sample in the sample directory.

If interested, please try this and give me some comments on it in the
discussion mailing list: http://ianwookim.org/fficxx/discuss.html

I hope that this is useful to many haskellers.
Have fun with it!

Thanks,
Ian-Woo Kim (wavewave)

[1] : http://root.cern.ch
[2] : http://ianwookim.org/HROOT
(Continue reading)

kudah | 2 Aug 01:25 2013
Picon

Re: [ANNOUNCE] fficxx : haskell-C++ FFI binding generator

Any progress on Qt bindings yet?

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 18:00:36 -0400 Ian-Woo Kim <ianwookim <at> gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Haskellers,
>
> Hello.
>
> I am very happy to announce the first version of fficxx
> (http://ianwookim.org/fficxx, also, please look at
> http://github.com/wavewave/fficxx )
>
> fficxx is a haskell Foreign Function Interface (FFI) generator to C++.
> This tool automatically generates
> haskell FFI package for a given C++ class structure. It has been used
> for generating my haskell binding to the ROOT library [1] called HROOT
> [2]. Now I made it as a separate tool to benefit everyone trying to
> make a haskell-C++ binding.
>
> I am going to explain how to use the library/tool one by one in my
> blog ( http://ianwookim.org/blog ). Currently, in the fficxx cabal
> package, I provide a very simple sample in the sample directory.
>
> If interested, please try this and give me some comments on it in the
> discussion mailing list: http://ianwookim.org/fficxx/discuss.html
>
> I hope that this is useful to many haskellers.
> Have fun with it!

(Continue reading)

Carter Schonwald | 2 Aug 08:35 2013
Picon

Re: [ANNOUNCE] fficxx : haskell-C++ FFI binding generator

speaking as the principle mentor on the relevant GSOC project (Ian is also co monetoring, so he can correct me if i'm wrong anywhere)

The QT binding project is a *subproject* of the *gsoc project*  whose principal focus for the summer is making a swig + fficxx based C++ ffi wrapper for haskell. the GSOC core project is moving apace, and will likely be usable by the close of the summer. realistically, the QT bit is  gold plating / a nontrivial demo use case. Currently its unclear if we'll have time to get the QT ball rolling, but a lot of the support tooling for that subproject should be done by the close of the summer!

cheers
-Carter