Michael Xavier | 13 Jun 07:49 2013
Picon

ANN: Angel 0.4.2

I'm pleased to announce the release of Angel 0.4.2 and that I have officially taken over maintainership of this project. Thanks to Jamie Turner for starting such a great project and allowing me to take over this project.

angel is a daemon that runs and monitors other processes. It is similar to djb's daemontools or the Ruby project god. It's goals are to keep a set of services running, and to facilitate the easy configuration and restart of those services.

0.4.1 added the "count" option to the config to control the number of instances of a particular process to start.

0.4.2 added the "pidfile" option to specify the path of a pidfile to generate when monitoring processes.

--
Michael Xavier
http://www.michaelxavier.net

Re: ANN: Angel 0.4.2

On 13 Jun 2013 06:51, "Michael Xavier" <michael <at> michaelxavier.net> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the release of Angel 0.4.2 and that I have officially taken over maintainership of this project. Thanks to Jamie Turner for starting such a great project and allowing me to take over this project.

Hi Michael, great to hear Angel is still active! Its a great project, so I wish you good luck as the new maintainer. Thanks for your work!

- ocharles