Mihai Maruseac | 17 Jun 20:23 2013
Picon

Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

Hi,

I was wondering if we have similar movies for Haskell as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLO1djacsfg and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3418SeWZfQ exist for Java.

I indend to give them to some people to make them intrigued by the
language and start learning it / looking for it.

--
MM
"All we have to decide is what we do with the time that is given to us"
Vo Minh Thu | 17 Jun 20:30 2013
Picon

Re: Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

Certainly less entertaining but depending on your public, this one with FP Complete's Aaron Contorer can be valuable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqi0Xu2Enaw


2013/6/17 Mihai Maruseac <mihai.maruseac <at> gmail.com>
Hi,

I was wondering if we have similar movies for Haskell as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLO1djacsfg and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3418SeWZfQ exist for Java.

I indend to give them to some people to make them intrigued by the
language and start learning it / looking for it.

--
MM
"All we have to decide is what we do with the time that is given to us"

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
AlanKim Zimmerman | 17 Jun 20:38 2013
Picon

Re: Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

This looks like quite a good series https://www.youtube.com/user/jekor


On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Vo Minh Thu <noteed <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Certainly less entertaining but depending on your public, this one with FP Complete's Aaron Contorer can be valuable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqi0Xu2Enaw


2013/6/17 Mihai Maruseac <mihai.maruseac <at> gmail.com>
Hi,

I was wondering if we have similar movies for Haskell as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLO1djacsfg and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3418SeWZfQ exist for Java.

I indend to give them to some people to make them intrigued by the
language and start learning it / looking for it.

--
MM
"All we have to decide is what we do with the time that is given to us"

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Taylor Hedberg | 17 Jun 21:05 2013

Re: Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

AlanKim Zimmerman, Mon 2013-06-17  <at>  20:38:55+0200:
> This looks like quite a good series https://www.youtube.com/user/jekor

Seconded. I have really enjoyed his videos so far and it seems like he's
regularly producing more.
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Darren Grant | 17 Jun 21:53 2013
Picon

Re: Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

Third.  I really like the hands on approach.

Cheers,
Darren

On 2013-06-17 12:09 PM, "Taylor Hedberg" <t <at> tmh.cc> wrote:
AlanKim Zimmerman, Mon 2013-06-17 <at> 20:38:55+0200:
> This looks like quite a good series https://www.youtube.com/user/jekor

Seconded. I have really enjoyed his videos so far and it seems like he's
regularly producing more.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Joachim Breitner | 18 Jun 09:39 2013
Picon

Re: Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

Hi,

Daniel Silverstone has a 10-episode video-cast on Haskell at
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_xuff3BkASMOzBr0hKVKLuSnU4UIinKx
and 5 Project Euler solution at
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_xuff3BkASMwjdTdsqWn5j4VcLGG5jem

Greetings,
Joachim

--

-- 
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
  mail <at> joachim-breitner.de • http://www.joachim-breitner.de/
  Jabber: nomeata <at> joachim-breitner.de  • GPG-Key: 0x4743206C
  Debian Developer: nomeata <at> debian.org
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Henk-Jan van Tuyl | 18 Jun 19:15 2013
Picon

Re: Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:23:31 +0200, Mihai Maruseac  
<mihai.maruseac <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if we have similar movies for Haskell as
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLO1djacsfg and
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3418SeWZfQ exist for Java.
>
> I indend to give them to some people to make them intrigued by the
> language and start learning it / looking for it.
>

See:
   Ranjit Jhala performs Lambda Style!
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci48kqp11F8
:)

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--

-- 
Folding <at> home
What if you could share your unused computer power to help find a cure? In  
just 5 minutes you can join the world's biggest networked computer and get  
us closer sooner. Watch the video.
http://folding.stanford.edu/

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
http://members.chello.nl/hjgtuyl/tourdemonad.html
Haskell programming
--
Carlo Hamalainen | 19 Jun 02:03 2013
Picon

Re: Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

On 18/06/13 04:23, Mihai Maruseac wrote:
> I was wondering if we have similar movies for Haskell as
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLO1djacsfg and
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3418SeWZfQ exist for Java.
>
> I indend to give them to some people to make them intrigued by the
> language and start learning it / looking for it.

Not strictly on Haskell, but this on turned up on the Brisbane 
Functional Programmer Group's mailing list today:

http://functionaltalks.org/

Cheers,

-- Carlo

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [BFPG] Curated Functional Talks Blog
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:27:00 -0400
From: Ben Kolera <ben.kolera <at> gmail.com>
Reply-To: BFPG-list <at> meetup.com
To: BFPG-list <at> meetup.com

Heya,

Saw this float by on twitter and thought that it looked interesting for 
the group.

http://functionaltalks.org/

Is a new blog full of curated talks on FP. The ones up there already are 
good talks (some from familiar BFPG faces :) that are definitely worth 
watching if you haven't already.

If you want to follow along as more talks are added, there is an RSS 
feed here: http://functionaltalks.org/feed/
or you can also just follow  <at> FunctionalTalks on twitter instead if that 
is preferred.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Ben
Mihai Maruseac | 22 Jun 15:42 2013
Picon

Re: Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:03 AM, Carlo Hamalainen
<carlo <at> carlo-hamalainen.net> wrote:
> On 18/06/13 04:23, Mihai Maruseac wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if we have similar movies for Haskell as
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLO1djacsfg and
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3418SeWZfQ exist for Java.
>>
>> I indend to give them to some people to make them intrigued by the
>> language and start learning it / looking for it.
>
>

Cool, many thanks to all who answered here, they have proven useful

--
MM
"All we have to decide is what we do with the time that is given to us"
Alfredo Di Napoli | 10 Jul 08:49 2013
Picon

Re: Promoting Haskell via Youtube movies

Thanks guys, 

lots of interesting material I wasn't aware of!

A.


On 22 June 2013 14:42, Mihai Maruseac <mihai.maruseac <at> gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:03 AM, Carlo Hamalainen
<carlo <at> carlo-hamalainen.net> wrote:
> On 18/06/13 04:23, Mihai Maruseac wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if we have similar movies for Haskell as
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLO1djacsfg and
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3418SeWZfQ exist for Java.
>>
>> I indend to give them to some people to make them intrigued by the
>> language and start learning it / looking for it.
>
>

Cool, many thanks to all who answered here, they have proven useful

--
MM
"All we have to decide is what we do with the time that is given to us"

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

Gmane