Andy Georges | 24 Jun 10:26 2013
Picon

A friendly reminder: Ghent-FPG meeting on 26 June, 2013

Hello,

This is to remind you that you are kindly invited to attend our next meeting. The original email follows below.

The "Functional Programming Group Ghent" (GhentFPG) [1] is a friendly group for
all people interested in functional programming, with a tendency towards Haskell.
It is organised as part of Zeus WPI [2].

We are pleased to announce that we will hold a next meeting on Wednesday, 26th
of June, starting at 19h00! There will be three talks.

The main presentation, by Adam Bergmark from Silk [3] is about Fay [4]:

 Fay is a proper subset of Haskell that compiles to JavaScript. There is a
 compiler with the same name written in Haskell. Web browsers only speak
 JavaScript but more and more people find that they want to compile to
 JavaScript instead.

 Why do we want to compile Haskell to JavaScript, and what advantages does
 Fay have compared to other compilers?

 What are the challenges in compiling Haskell and supporting a language
 ecosystem, and how do we do it?

 What can Fay currently do, and what is planned for the future?

 This will be a broad overview about Fay for prospective users, followed by
 an in-depth look at interesting parts of the compiler internals.