Ben | 25 Jun 22:03 2013
Picon

homotopy type theory for amateurs

hello cafe --

by now i'm sure you have heard that the homotopy type theory folks have just written up a free introductory
book on their project.

http://homotopytypetheory.org/2013/06/20/the-hott-book/

gabriel gonzalez and i are starting up a small reading group for the book.  the level of study will be
"amateur", though i have high hopes for rigor and thoroughness.  personally, i know hardly any type theory
or logic, and the last time i thought about homotopy theory in any seriousness was years ago.  thankfully
the book looks very accessible.  being time-constrained we were going to do it mostly over email, maybe
starting a google group or other mailing list, but we might meet as well, say once a month in san francisco
(where we both are.)

if you're interested in joining us, send me an email (midfield at gmail) and i'll try to keep you informed of
any developments.

best, ben
Ben | 26 Jun 15:49 2013
Picon

Re: homotopy type theory for amateurs

hello cafe --

i have created the mailing list HoTT-Amateurs <at> googlegroups.com

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/hott-amateurs

(perhaps forever consigning myself to spam folders everywhere.)  if you are interested in joining this
reading group, you can do so there.  nothing has been decided yet on how it is to be run.

best, b