Kirill Zaborsky | 11 Jul 13:55 2013
Picon

How to use cabal-dev ghci and multiple targets/build-depends from cabal file?

Currently I'm creating a small library and I wanted to create tests for it. So I have a library section in cabal file and also a test-suite section.

Everything goes well but when I tried to load file with tests into ghci (actually it was a REPL in emacs) I received errors stating that GHCi can not find e.g. Test.Framework module.

Is there any way to use multiple build-depends in GHCi?

KInd regards,
Kirill Zaborsky
Kirill Zaborsky | 11 Jul 14:19 2013
Picon

Re: How to use cabal-dev ghci and multiple targets/build-depends from cabal file?

The onlys solution I see at the moment is to get rid of cabal-dev and install dependencies globally (which works quite OK with gentoo-haskell)

Kind regards,
Kirill Zaborsky

Currently I'm creating a small library and I wanted to create tests for it. So I have a library section in cabal file and also a test-suite section.

Everything goes well but when I tried to load file with tests into ghci (actually it was a REPL in emacs) I received errors stating that GHCi can not find e.g. Test.Framework module.

Is there any way to use multiple build-depends in GHCi?

KInd regards,
Kirill Zaborsky
Kirill Zaborsky | 12 Jul 09:59 2013
Picon

Re: How to use cabal-dev ghci and multiple targets/build-depends from cabal file?

It looks like cabal repl [1] could solve this kind of problems, but it is not clear when it will be merged in cabal HEAD.

KInd regards,
Kirill Zaborsky