Michael Xavier | 30 Jul 23:59 2013
Picon

ANN: Angel 0.4.4

I'm pleased to announce the release of Angel 0.4.4.

angel is a daemon that runs and monitors other processes. It is similar to djb's daemontools or the Ruby project god. It's goals are to keep a set of services running, and to facilitate the easy configuration and restart of those services.

New in 0.4.4

* Add env option to config to specify environment variables.
* Inject ANGEL_PROCESS_NUMBER environment variable into processes started with count. This is intended for the purpose of logging, port enumeration, etc.

--
Michael Xavier
http://www.michaelxavier.net

Re: ANN: Angel 0.4.4

"angel is a background process" sounds better.

Sorry for offtopic

MigMit | 31 Jul 14:20 2013
Picon

Re: ANN: Angel 0.4.4

On Jul 31, 2013, at 2:41 PM, Никитин Лев <leon.v.nikitin <at> pravmail.ru> wrote:

> 31.07.2013, 05:03, "Michael Xavier" <michael <at> michaelxavier.net>:
>> angel is a daemon
>
> "angel is a background process" sounds better.

You're killing the joke.