blackbox.dev.ml | 2 Aug 14:07 2013
Picon

Learning GHC API

HI!
Could you please give me hints where to find materials to learn GHC API?
I know there is  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/As_a_library, but this contains only 2 examples and I would to learn how to create datatypes, classes, functions etc using GHC API, how to compile them later or generate Haskell code out of them (if its possible).

I would be thnakful for any hint! :)
Thank you,
Wojtek
14875 | 2 Aug 16:12 2013
Picon

Re: Learning GHC API

Hi,there's also a package in hackage called "hint" which is suitable for most cases.
if you still want to know ghc api, take a look at a module named "GHC", It contains a overview of whole ghc api
http://lambda.haskell.org/platform/doc/current/ghc-api/GHC.html

Could you please give me hints where to find materials to learn GHC API?
I know there is  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/As_a_library, but this contains only 2 examples and I would to learn how to create datatypes, classes, functions etc using GHC API, how to compile them later or generate Haskell code out of them (if its possible).

I would be thnakful for any hint! :)
Thank you,
Wojtek

L Corbijn | 2 Aug 16:32 2013
Picon

Re: Learning GHC API

Hi,

This sounds to me more like a job for haskell-src-exts [1]. Which represents full haskell source modules. The advantage above the GHC API is that it is more stable and does not require GHC at all.

Lars

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-src-exts-1.13.5