Julian Arni | 6 Aug 05:13 2013

Contracts

I've come across interesting papers - and old, sometimes inaccessible, repositories - related contracts in Haskell (Dana Xu and SPJ's papers; haskellcontracts and the Programatica Project). And then some newer, apparently not quite mature projects (Dan Rosen's repositories, for instance). Is there anything in between - mature, but not abandoned?

Thanks,
  Julian
Duncan Coutts | 7 Aug 17:15 2013

Re: Contracts

On Mon, 2013-08-05 at 23:13 -0400, Julian Arni wrote:
> I've come across interesting papers - and old, sometimes inaccessible,
> repositories - related contracts in Haskell (Dana Xu and SPJ's papers;
> haskellcontracts and the Programatica Project). And then some newer,
> apparently not quite mature projects (Dan Rosen's repositories, for
> instance). Is there anything in between - mature, but not abandoned?

We did an implementation of the contracts idea for one of our customers
which is available (under AGPL or commercial license) on github:

https://github.com/netrium/Netrium

Duncan Coutts, Haskell Consultant
Colin Adams | 7 Aug 18:48 2013
Picon

Re: Contracts

I thought the OP was talking about software contracts (as in Eiffel / Design By Contract ).

Liquid Haskell is interesting in this respect. Though I doubt if it qualifies as mature.

--
Duncan Coutts, Haskell Consultant

Duncan Coutts | 7 Aug 18:53 2013

Re: Contracts

On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 17:48 +0100, Colin Adams wrote:
> I thought the OP was talking about software contracts (as in Eiffel /
> Design By Contract ).

Oh oops, you're right. SPJ has too many papers about contracts! :-)

> On 7 August 2013 16:15, Duncan Coutts <duncan <at> well-typed.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2013-08-05 at 23:13 -0400, Julian Arni wrote:
> > > I've come across interesting papers - and old, sometimes inaccessible,
> > > repositories - related contracts in Haskell (Dana Xu and SPJ's papers;
> > > haskellcontracts and the Programatica Project). And then some newer,
> > > apparently not quite mature projects (Dan Rosen's repositories, for
> > > instance). Is there anything in between - mature, but not abandoned?
> >
> > We did an implementation of the contracts idea for one of our customers
> > which is available (under AGPL or commercial license) on github:
> >
> > https://github.com/netrium/Netrium
> >
> > --
> > Duncan Coutts, Haskell Consultant
> > Well-Typed LLP, http://www.well-typed.com/

Duncan Coutts, Haskell Consultant
Julian Arni | 8 Aug 22:48 2013

Re: Contracts

I was indeed talking about software contracts. I should perhaps have made that clearer, since I had of course come across SPJ's financial contract paper due to a similar confusion on Google's part.

Liquid Haskell looks great; might not have been quite what I imagined, but it's definitely more interesting.