Henning Thielemann | 10 Aug 10:49 2013
Picon

Renumbered mailing list posts

Recently I found that links from Google search results to archive
Haskell-Cafe messages are invalid. The messages are still there, but got
a different number. E.g. the search result says:
   http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2011-February/089455.html

But the message is at
   http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2011-February/088146.html

Also links from Haskell-Wiki articles to the Haskell-Cafe archive are
invalid now. This is very very very bad, since I used tons of such URLs
in Wiki articles and it is very hard to find the message I referred to,
if the URL does not work anymore.
Gershom Bazerman | 10 Aug 17:26 2013
Picon

Re: Renumbered mailing list posts

On 8/10/13 4:49 AM, Henning Thielemann wrote:
> Recently I found that links from Google search results to archive
> Haskell-Cafe messages are invalid. The messages are still there, but
> got a different number. E.g. the search result says:
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2011-February/089455.html
>
> But the message is at
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2011-February/088146.html
>
> Also links from Haskell-Wiki articles to the Haskell-Cafe archive are
> invalid now. This is very very very bad, since I used tons of such
> URLs in Wiki articles and it is very hard to find the message I
> referred to, if the URL does not work anymore.

Thanks for bringing this up. There's been lots of flux in the servers
lately due to migrations. I'll try to make sure this gets looked into.

-g
Niklas Hambüchen | 10 Aug 17:38 2013

Re: Renumbered mailing list posts

Yes, I also found that links from Google to archives don't work any
more.

(Also fact that hpaste just went away, invalidating all my links to
hpastes, is similarly bad.)