Simon Hengel | 18 Aug 14:50 2013
Picon

ANN: hspec-test-framework - Run test-framework tests with Hspec

Hi,
I just released hspec-test-framework[1] and hspec-test-framework-th[2]
to Hackage.

They can be used to run test-framework tests with Hspec unmodified.

This can also be used to work around test-framework's incompatibility
with QuickCheck-2.6 and base-4.7.0 ;)

Have a look at the README for usage instructions:

    https://github.com/sol/hspec-test-framework#readme

Cheers,
Simon

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hspec-test-framework
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hspec-test-framework-th
Alfredo Di Napoli | 18 Aug 15:18 2013
Picon

Re: ANN: hspec-test-framework - Run test-framework tests with Hspec

Hi Simon,

this is an exciting news!

May I ask the question that maybe is lurking in the shadow?

Due to the recent announcement of Roman's "tasty" library, are there plans to basically release something similar to hspec-test-framework and hspec-test-framework-th but targeting tasty instead?

Bye :)
A.

I just released hspec-test-framework[1] and hspec-test-framework-th[2]
to Hackage.

They can be used to run test-framework tests with Hspec unmodified.

This can also be used to work around test-framework's incompatibility
with QuickCheck-2.6 and base-4.7.0 ;)

Have a look at the README for usage instructions:

    https://github.com/sol/hspec-test-framework#readme

Cheers,
Simon

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hspec-test-framework
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hspec-test-framework-th

Simon Hengel | 18 Aug 19:55 2013
Picon

Re: ANN: hspec-test-framework - Run test-framework tests with Hspec

Hi,

> Due to the recent announcement of Roman's "tasty" library, are there
> plans to basically release something similar to hspec-test-framework
> and hspec-test-framework-th but targeting tasty instead?

I care about Hspec[1] and want to provide an upgrade path for
test-framework users, but I'm looking forward to friendly competition ;)

Cheers,
Simon

[1] http://hspec.github.io/
Roman Cheplyaka | 19 Aug 00:27 2013

Re: ANN: hspec-test-framework - Run test-framework tests with Hspec

My answer to this and many similar questions regarding tasty is:

- I am probably not going to work on this
- but I would be happy to see someone doing it

Note that hspec-test-framework is a separate package, and it didn't have
to be written or even approved by Simon. Same here — please write more
supplementary packages if you feel a need.

Roman

* Alfredo Di Napoli <alfredo.dinapoli <at> gmail.com> [2013-08-18 15:18:07+0200]
> Hi Simon,
>
> this is an exciting news!
>
> May I ask the question that maybe is lurking in the shadow?
>
> Due to the recent announcement of Roman's "tasty" library, are there plans
> to basically release something similar to hspec-test-framework and
> hspec-test-framework-th but targeting tasty instead?
>
> Bye :)
> A.
>

> On 18 August 2013 14:50, Simon Hengel <sol <at> typeful.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I just released hspec-test-framework[1] and hspec-test-framework-th[2]
> > to Hackage.
> >
> > They can be used to run test-framework tests with Hspec unmodified.
> >
> > This can also be used to work around test-framework's incompatibility
> > with QuickCheck-2.6 and base-4.7.0 ;)
> >
> > Have a look at the README for usage instructions:
> >
> >     https://github.com/sol/hspec-test-framework#readme
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Simon
> >
> > [1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hspec-test-framework
> > [2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hspec-test-framework-th

Andrey Chudnov | 21 Aug 21:29 2013
Picon

Re: HSpec vs Tasty (was: ANN: hspec-test-framework - Run test-framework tests with Hspec)

So is there a high-level comparison of HSpec and tasty? The only
difference I've glimpsed so far was that HSpec has a syntactic sugar for
describing tests which, honestly, I haven't found very useful.
So, could someone write up a quick comparison of the two for the benefit
of the folks like me who have a lot of test-framework tests and have to
switch to either tasty or hspec?