Sergey Mironov | 9 Sep 11:48 2013
Picon

Looking for GUI examples

Hi, Cafe. I'd like to write simple GUI utility containing tray icon
and the menu. Could you please suggest Haskell example to make my
start easier?

Regards,
Sergey
Henk-Jan van Tuyl | 9 Sep 15:23 2013
Picon

Re: Looking for GUI examples

On Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:48:42 +0200, Sergey Mironov <grrwlf <at> gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, Cafe. I'd like to write simple GUI utility containing tray icon
> and the menu. Could you please suggest Haskell example to make my
> start easier?

There is a simple wxHaskell program for this:
https://github.com/wxHaskell/wxHaskell/blob/master/samples/wx/TestTaskBarIcon.hs

There is however a problem with this (maybe just on Windows), see the bug
report I just entered:
http://sourceforge.net/p/wxhaskell/bugs/71/

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

Folding <at> home
us closer sooner. Watch the video.
http://folding.stanford.edu/

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming
--
Ivan Perez | 10 Sep 08:12 2013
Picon

Re: Looking for GUI examples

The code is well organised, each module tries to implement only one feature.
The part that adds the tray icon, menus and modifies the image is in the Controller; usually you'd be looking for files with the names Icon*, Status*, Tray* or *Menu*

One example:
https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/haskellifi-trayicon/blob/master/src/Controller/Conditions/WifiListMenu.hs
https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/haskellifi-trayicon/blob/master/src/Controller/Conditions/Icon.hs

Note that the first module adds the menu to the icon, and the second one changes the icon.

There are more complex examples in the other programs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Ivan

Hi, Cafe. I'd like to write simple GUI utility containing tray icon
and the menu. Could you please suggest Haskell example to make my
start easier?

There is a simple wxHaskell program for this:
https://github.com/wxHaskell/wxHaskell/blob/master/samples/wx/TestTaskBarIcon.hs

There is however a problem with this (maybe just on Windows), see the bug report I just entered:
http://sourceforge.net/p/wxhaskell/bugs/71/

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
Folding <at> home
What if you could share your unused computer power to help find a cure? In just 5 minutes you can join the world's biggest networked computer and get us closer sooner. Watch the video.
http://folding.stanford.edu/

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming

Sergey Mironov | 10 Sep 19:30 2013