Obscaenvs | 11 Sep 13:31 2013
Picon

Readable GHC 7.6.3 docs (Bootstrapped)

At [1] you can find links to the GHC documentation that I use myself,
since the official version is a bit too TimesNewRoman-y for my
..."developed" taste. It available in a downloadable Bzipped TAR aswell
as being browsable online.

[1] http://bugthunk.net/

/fredrik
Niklas Hambüchen | 11 Sep 14:59 2013

Re: Readable GHC 7.6.3 docs (Bootstrapped)

Looks pleasing! I have one feature request:

Could you make headings links, or add anchors next to them (github
readme style), such that I can directly share what I'm reading with
people?

On Wed 11 Sep 2013 20:31:30 JST, Obscaenvs wrote:
> At [1] you can find links to the GHC documentation that I use myself,
> since the official version is a bit too TimesNewRoman-y for my
> ..."developed" taste. It available in a downloadable Bzipped TAR aswell
> as being browsable online.
>
> [1] http://bugthunk.net/
>
> /fredrik
Obscaenvs | 17 Sep 14:10 2013
Picon

Re: Readable GHC 7.6.3 docs (Bootstrapped)

Update: some of the headers were not anchored, due to there being those
accursed newlines in them. I have now corrected this, and I hope that
now all headers are anchored in the way you suggested (that I found
useful, too - of course. One can only wonder why the official docs
aren't made thus.)

Tarball available as usual, from first page (bugthunk.net).

Le 2013-09-11 14:59, Niklas Hambüchen a écrit :
> Looks pleasing! I have one feature request:
>
> Could you make headings links, or add anchors next to them (github
> readme style), such that I can directly share what I'm reading with
> people?
>
> On Wed 11 Sep 2013 20:31:30 JST, Obscaenvs wrote:
>> At [1] you can find links to the GHC documentation that I use myself,
>> since the official version is a bit too TimesNewRoman-y for my
>> ..."developed" taste. It available in a downloadable Bzipped TAR aswell
>> as being browsable online.
>>
>> [1] http://bugthunk.net/
>>
>> /fredrik

Twan van Laarhoven | 11 Sep 16:45 2013
Picon

Re: Readable GHC 7.6.3 docs (Bootstrapped)

Why does every section have a title="1.2.3 foo" on the outer <div>? In Firefox
this shows up as a useless tooltip when moving the mouse over the text.

On 11/09/13 13:31, Obscaenvs wrote:
> At [1] you can find links to the GHC documentation that I use myself,
> since the official version is a bit too TimesNewRoman-y for my
> ..."developed" taste. It available in a downloadable Bzipped TAR aswell
> as being browsable online.
>
> [1] http://bugthunk.net/
Oliver Charles | 11 Sep 16:47 2013
Picon

On 09/11/2013 03:45 PM, Twan van Laarhoven wrote:
> Why does every section have a title="1.2.3 foo" on the outer <div>? In
> Firefox this shows up as a useless tooltip when moving the mouse over
> the text.

That's the same with the official document. I think it's a "feature" of
whatever tool is used to generate this documentation. The NixOS
documentation has the same annoying behavior -
http://nixos.org/nix/manual/#idp125008

- ocharles

Albert Y. C. Lai | 11 Sep 20:43 2013
Picon

On 13-09-11 07:31 AM, Obscaenvs wrote:
> since the official version is a bit too TimesNewRoman-y for my
> ..."developed" taste.

I question that. Is it the official CSS, or is it your own browser
setting? I see no TimesNewRoman-y here.

The official version in my Firefox (Ubuntu 13.04 Desktop):
http://imageshack.us/a/img546/2439/6fqa.png

The <p> element containing "Let's start with an example GHCi session" is
under these CSS rules, which clearly requests a Sans Serif font.
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/9026/0peh.png

Lastly, my Firefox font setting:
http://imageshack.us/a/img694/1183/jhc3.png

Gmane