Michael Xavier | 19 Sep 07:14 2013
Picon

ANN Vigilance: Get notified when periodical tasks fail to run successfully

Hey Cafe,

Just wanted to announce a project I've been tinkering with for a while finally got to a state where I felt comfortable releasing it. Vigilance is a Dead Man's Switch system that notifies you when periodical tasks that fail to check in when you expected them to.

An example of this could be registering the daily backups you do of your servers and have them send emails or send HTTP POST requests if backups ever fail to check in. Vigilance provides an executable for doing check-ins and inspecting your watches as well as a simple REST API if you need something embeddable for existing projects.

--
Michael Xavier
http://www.michaelxavier.net