Alejandro Serrano Mena | 20 Sep 14:57 2013
Picon

Which builder to choose?

Hi,
I'm looking at the packages blaze-builder and bytestring, and both provide builders for ByteString.
Which one should I use? In which situations is one more convenient than the other?

Thanks for the help.
Duncan Coutts | 20 Sep 16:10 2013

Re: Which builder to choose?

On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 14:57 +0200, Alejandro Serrano Mena wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking at the packages blaze-builder and bytestring, and both provide
> builders for ByteString.
> Which one should I use? In which situations is one more convenient than the
> other?

I'd say the usual answer here would be bytestring. Both implementations
are by Simon Meier, but the bytestring one is the later one with various
refinements and more API review. The bytestring one is intended to
replace the blaze-builder one. The bytestring one is in the platform.

The blaze-builder one still has some extra special-case functionality
such as for html encoding. I *think* (but not 100% sure) that Simon's
plan is to make blaze-builder re-export the bytestring builder and just
add the few extra functions on top.

Duncan
(bytestring co-maintainer)

Gmane