Erlend Hamberg | 4 Oct 15:13 2013
Picon

ANN: E-book version of the Typeclassopedia

While re-reading Brent Yorgey's Excellent Typeclassopedia I converted it
to Pandoc Markdown in order to be able to create an EPUB version. Having
a “real” e-book meant that I could comfortably read it on my e-book
reader and highlight text and take notes while reading. I also fixed
some minor issues while reading it. (These fixes were of course
backported to the official Typeclassopedia version on the Haskell Wiki.)

The EPUB file can be downloaded from Github:

The Markdown source is also available in that repo and you can of course
use Pandoc to convert the Markdown file to all the other output formats
Pandoc supports.

By using a program like Calibre, the EPUB file can be converted to other
e-book formats such as the Kindle format.

I hope people find this useful. :-)

--
Erlend Hamberg
Dag Odenhall | 4 Oct 15:20 2013

Re: ANN: E-book version of the Typeclassopedia

That's great — thank you!

While re-reading Brent Yorgey's Excellent Typeclassopedia I converted it
to Pandoc Markdown in order to be able to create an EPUB version. Having
a “real” e-book meant that I could comfortably read it on my e-book
reader and highlight text and take notes while reading. I also fixed
some minor issues while reading it. (These fixes were of course
backported to the official Typeclassopedia version on the Haskell Wiki.)

The EPUB file can be downloaded from Github:

The Markdown source is also available in that repo and you can of course
use Pandoc to convert the Markdown file to all the other output formats
Pandoc supports.

By using a program like Calibre, the EPUB file can be converted to other
e-book formats such as the Kindle format.

I hope people find this useful. :-)

--
Erlend Hamberg

Dan Frumib | 5 Oct 18:19 2013
Picon

Re: ANN: E-book version of the Typeclassopedia

Thanks, that looks useful! :)

While re-reading Brent Yorgey's Excellent Typeclassopedia I converted it
to Pandoc Markdown in order to be able to create an EPUB version. Having
a “real” e-book meant that I could comfortably read it on my e-book
reader and highlight text and take notes while reading. I also fixed
some minor issues while reading it. (These fixes were of course
backported to the official Typeclassopedia version on the Haskell Wiki.)

The EPUB file can be downloaded from Github:

The Markdown source is also available in that repo and you can of course
use Pandoc to convert the Markdown file to all the other output formats
Pandoc supports.

By using a program like Calibre, the EPUB file can be converted to other
e-book formats such as the Kindle format.

I hope people find this useful. :-)

--
Erlend Hamberg
Flavio Villanustre | 5 Oct 18:25 2013
Picon

Re: ANN: E-book version of the Typeclassopedia

Very useful, thanks!

While re-reading Brent Yorgey's Excellent Typeclassopedia I converted it
to Pandoc Markdown in order to be able to create an EPUB version. Having
a “real” e-book meant that I could comfortably read it on my e-book
reader and highlight text and take notes while reading. I also fixed
some minor issues while reading it. (These fixes were of course
backported to the official Typeclassopedia version on the Haskell Wiki.)

The EPUB file can be downloaded from Github:

The Markdown source is also available in that repo and you can of course
use Pandoc to convert the Markdown file to all the other output formats
Pandoc supports.

By using a program like Calibre, the EPUB file can be converted to other
e-book formats such as the Kindle format.

I hope people find this useful. :-)

--
Erlend Hamberg

Alfredo Di Napoli | 8 Oct 09:22 2013
Picon

Re: ANN: E-book version of the Typeclassopedia

Thanks, I wanted this for a long time as well!