Manuel Gómez | 5 Oct 01:08 2013
Picon

Calling Python from Haskell

Hi list,

What’s the preferred way of calling into Python from Haskell?  I’ve
found MissingPy[0], but it seems to be somewhat bitrotten and a couple
of experiments yielded segfaults.  There’s also the cpython
package[1], but that seems to require Python 3.3, and I’m trying to
call into code written for 2.7.

Are there any other alternatives, apart from direct execution of a
Python interpreter with forkProcess and such?

[0]: <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/MissingPy>
[1]: <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cpython>
Arjun Comar | 5 Oct 01:32 2013
Picon

Re: Calling Python from Haskell

Manuel-
Try my fork of the MissingPy library, I've brought it up to date and it seems to function ok with current ghc/python.

www.github.com/arjuncomar/missingpy.git

The standalone branch also removes a lot of the extra dependencies MissingPy has for extra functionality you probably don't need.

Thanks,
Arjun