Graham Berks | 10 Oct 07:50 2013

Suppressing HLint on pattern match of files

Hi, would like to disable 'Top-level binding with no type signature'

In my test modules that are prefixed with Test.

Is this possible ??

Thanks

Dag Odenhall | 10 Oct 15:05 2013
Picon

Re: Suppressing HLint on pattern match of files

Is that actually from HLint though? I think that comes from GHC with -Wall and can be disabled with -fno-warn-missing-signatures.

Hi, would like to disable 'Top-level binding with no type signature'

In my test modules that are prefixed with Test.

Is this possible ??

Thanks

Graham Berks | 10 Oct 18:11 2013

Re: Suppressing HLint on pattern match of files

Ah good point :) Wonder if I can change it on cabal file somehow.

Thanks

Is that actually from HLint though? I think that comes from GHC with -Wall and can be disabled with -fno-warn-missing-signatures.

Hi, would like to disable 'Top-level binding with no type signature'

In my test modules that are prefixed with Test.

Is this possible ??

Thanks

Dag Odenhall | 11 Oct 17:53 2013
Picon

Re: Suppressing HLint on pattern match of files

Just add it next to -Wall wherever you‘re setting that, because I think you must be setting that yourself somewhere (it’s not on by default).

Ah good point :) Wonder if I can change it on cabal file somehow.

Thanks

Is that actually from HLint though? I think that comes from GHC with -Wall and can be disabled with -fno-warn-missing-signatures.

Hi, would like to disable 'Top-level binding with no type signature'

In my test modules that are prefixed with Test.

Is this possible ??

Thanks

Adam Bergmark | 11 Oct 18:21 2013
Picon

Re: Suppressing HLint on pattern match of files

You can also do this on a module basis with {-# OPTIONS -fno-warn-missing-signatures  #-}. I prefer adding type signatures even for cases where I don't think it's important. GHC spits them out so almost no time spent, and someone might find it useful at some point.

Just add it next to -Wall wherever you‘re setting that, because I think you must be setting that yourself somewhere (it’s not on by default).

Ah good point :) Wonder if I can change it on cabal file somehow.

Thanks

Is that actually from HLint though? I think that comes from GHC with -Wall and can be disabled with -fno-warn-missing-signatures.

Hi, would like to disable 'Top-level binding with no type signature'

In my test modules that are prefixed with Test.

Is this possible ??

Thanks

Graham Berks | 16 Oct 18:17 2013

Re: Suppressing HLint on pattern match of files

Ah that sounds good, thanks will incorporate that.