Nikita Volkov | 23 Oct 16:23 2013
Picon

What's wrong with Hackage lately?

Recently two bugs settled on Hackage:

  1. Page not found for definitely existing pages.
  2. Links starting with "file:///". Try any link on this page, for example.

Since it hasn't gotten fixed in at least a week, I am now wondering: why and where to report this?

Joe Quinn | 23 Oct 22:48 2013
Picon

Re: What's wrong with Hackage lately?

#2 is a known issue that's been reported many many times (including by me!)
#1 is likely related.

I believe current consensus is that fixing these issues will involve a full rebuild of haddock for each package? You should check here:
https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues?state=open

On 10/23/2013 10:23 AM, Nikita Volkov wrote:

Recently two bugs settled on Hackage:

  1. Page not found for definitely existing pages.
  2. Links starting with "file:///". Try any link on this page, for example.

Since it hasn't gotten fixed in at least a week, I am now wondering: why and where to report this?

Dan Burton | 23 Oct 23:06 2013
Picon

Re: What's wrong with Hackage lately?

There's a Bay Area Haskell meetup tomorrow, maybe we can turn it into a "let's improve hackage" hackathon. ;)

n.b. I, for one, am still glad that Hackage 2 is finally released and in use, even if we have some little bugs like this to deal with.

-- Dan Burton

#2 is a known issue that's been reported many many times (including by me!)
#1 is likely related.

I believe current consensus is that fixing these issues will involve a full rebuild of haddock for each package? You should check here:
https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues?state=open

  1. Page not found for definitely existing pages.
  2. Links starting with "file:///". Try any link on this page, for example.

Since it hasn't gotten fixed in at least a week, I am now wondering: why and where to report this?

Carter Schonwald | 23 Oct 23:15 2013
Picon

Re: What's wrong with Hackage lately?

indeed! now its possible to patch hackage + have a nice way of having a private / local hackage server! :)