Magnus Therning | 27 Oct 10:44 2013

Ghc 7.7 and some 'missing' libraries

After a few attempts I've finally managed to build Ghc from Git.  One
thing I noticed was that a few libraries seem to have gone missing on
the install.  Does anyone know why this is?

Lib              | Installed | In source
                 |           | (libraries/)
-----------------+-----------+-------------
haskeline        |           | x
primitive        |           | x
random           |           | x
terminfo         |           | x
vector           |           | x
xhtml            |           | x

/M

email: magnus <at> therning.org   jabber: magnus <at> therning.org

If our ideas of intellectual property are wrong, we must change them,
improve them and return them to their original purpose. When
intellectual property rules diminish the supply of new ideas, they
steal from all of us.
     -- Andrew Brown, November 19, 2005, The Guardian

Bertram Felgenhauer | 27 Oct 12:37 2013

Re: Ghc 7.7 and some 'missing' libraries

Magnus Therning wrote:
> After a few attempts I've finally managed to build Ghc from Git.  One
> thing I noticed was that a few libraries seem to have gone missing on
> the install.  Does anyone know why this is?

As far as I know, the build system will only install those packages that
are required for base, haskell98 and ghc (but not dph) packages, with
the idea that users can install any other packages without breaking
those core libraries. You can install everything using

make install InstallExtraPackages=YES

(you can also define InstallExtraPackages in ghc.mk)

HTH,

Bertram

Gmane