Corentin Dupont | 8 Nov 20:44 2013
Picon

IDE

Hi cafe,
I would like to know which IDE are you using?
I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.

There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?

I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.

Best,
Corentin


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Tommy Thorn | 8 Nov 20:55 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

I use both kinds: Emacs + haskell-mode and Emacs For Mac OS X + haskell-mode.

:)

Tommy

On Nov 8, 2013, at 11:44 , Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi cafe,
> I would like to know which IDE are you using?
> I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
> However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation
process is very painful.
> 
> There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial. 
> I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them.
Will there be an off-line version?
> 
> I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in
continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.
> 
> Best,
> Corentin
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Miro Karpis | 8 Nov 20:57 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

Hi, I use sublime with sublime-haskell.

m.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Tommy Thorn <tt1729 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
I use both kinds: Emacs + haskell-mode and Emacs For Mac OS X + haskell-mode.

:)

Tommy

On Nov 8, 2013, at 11:44 , Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi cafe,
> I would like to know which IDE are you using?
> I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
> However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.
>
> There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
> I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?
>
> I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.
>
> Best,
> Corentin
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
David Thomas | 8 Nov 21:08 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

I use vim, though I think if you know neither vim nor emacs, emacs might be a better choice for Haskell.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Miro Karpis <miroslav.karpis <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I use sublime with sublime-haskell.

m.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Tommy Thorn <tt1729 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
I use both kinds: Emacs + haskell-mode and Emacs For Mac OS X + haskell-mode.

:)

Tommy

On Nov 8, 2013, at 11:44 , Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi cafe,
> I would like to know which IDE are you using?
> I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
> However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.
>
> There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
> I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?
>
> I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.
>
> Best,
> Corentin
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Corentin Dupont | 8 Nov 21:14 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

I'm a vimer :)
although I use it a lot to do small editing on random files, I've never used it as a dev environment.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM, David Thomas <davidleothomas <at> gmail.com> wrote:
I use vim, though I think if you know neither vim nor emacs, emacs might be a better choice for Haskell.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Miro Karpis <miroslav.karpis <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I use sublime with sublime-haskell.

m.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Tommy Thorn <tt1729 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
I use both kinds: Emacs + haskell-mode and Emacs For Mac OS X + haskell-mode.

:)

Tommy

On Nov 8, 2013, at 11:44 , Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi cafe,
> I would like to know which IDE are you using?
> I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
> However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.
>
> There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
> I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?
>
> I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.
>
> Best,
> Corentin
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Picon

Re: IDE

I’m too, but I use it alot. And here are some pretty useful vim plugins

set nocompatible
filetype off

set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/vundle/
call vundle#rc()

Bundle 'gmarik/vundle'

Bundle 'bling/vim-airline'
Bundle 'Shougo/unite.vim'
Bundle 'kien/ctrlp.vim'
Bundle 'scrooloose/nerdtree'
Bundle 'majutsushi/tagbar'
Bundle 'tpope/vim-sensible'
Bundle 'tpope/vim-unimpaired'

" { Edit
Bundle 'terryma/vim-multiple-cursors'
Bundle 'scrooloose/syntastic'
Bundle 'sjl/gundo.vim'
Bundle 'scrooloose/nerdcommenter'
Bundle 'godlygeek/tabular'
Bundle 'Raimondi/delimitMate'
" }

" { Git
Bundle 'airblade/vim-gitgutter'
Bundle 'tpope/vim-fugitive'
" }

" reStructuredText
Bundle 'Rykka/riv.vim'
" Markdown
Bundle 'plasticboy/vim-markdown'

" Bundle 'Valloric/YouCompleteMe’
" Bundle 'Shougo/vimproc.vim'

" { Haskell
" Bundle 'urso/haskell_syntax.vim'
" Bundle 'eagletmt/ghcmod-vim'
Bundle 'Twinside/vim-haskellConceal'
Bundle 'vim-scripts/haskell.vim'
Bundle 'Twinside/vim-haskellFold'
Bundle 'bitc/lushtags'
Bundle 'vim-scripts/Darcs'
" }

" { Dash
Bundle 'rizzatti/funcoo.vim'
Bundle 'rizzatti/dash.vim'
" }

filetype plugin indent on

...


2013/11/9 Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com>
I'm a vimer :)
although I use it a lot to do small editing on random files, I've never used it as a dev environment.



On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM, David Thomas <davidleothomas <at> gmail.com> wrote:
I use vim, though I think if you know neither vim nor emacs, emacs might be a better choice for Haskell.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Miro Karpis <miroslav.karpis <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I use sublime with sublime-haskell.

m.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Tommy Thorn <tt1729 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
I use both kinds: Emacs + haskell-mode and Emacs For Mac OS X + haskell-mode.

:)

Tommy

On Nov 8, 2013, at 11:44 , Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi cafe,
> I would like to know which IDE are you using?
> I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
> However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.
>
> There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
> I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?
>
> I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.
>
> Best,
> Corentin
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
JP Moresmau | 8 Nov 22:17 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

Well, as the maintainer I suppose I should mention EclipseFP. It doesn't have partial compilation but can rebuild your project when you save a file, so you see the impact of your changes. It uses Cabal settings and has a Cabal editor. It provides code completion, and you can search and rename across files and projects within your workspace.
I dont't have a huge amount of time at the moment to develop new big things, but I try to fix bugs as they're reported and release a version every three months or so. I use it of course for all my Haskell developments.

Of course you need to have a JRE and download/install Eclipse, and I know Eclipse is not everybody's cup of tea.

JP


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Александр Сухарев <asuk1979 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
I’m too, but I use it alot. And here are some pretty useful vim plugins

set nocompatible
filetype off

set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/vundle/
call vundle#rc()

Bundle 'gmarik/vundle'

Bundle 'bling/vim-airline'
Bundle 'Shougo/unite.vim'
Bundle 'kien/ctrlp.vim'
Bundle 'scrooloose/nerdtree'
Bundle 'majutsushi/tagbar'
Bundle 'tpope/vim-sensible'
Bundle 'tpope/vim-unimpaired'

" { Edit
Bundle 'terryma/vim-multiple-cursors'
Bundle 'scrooloose/syntastic'
Bundle 'sjl/gundo.vim'
Bundle 'scrooloose/nerdcommenter'
Bundle 'godlygeek/tabular'
Bundle 'Raimondi/delimitMate'
" }

" { Git
Bundle 'airblade/vim-gitgutter'
Bundle 'tpope/vim-fugitive'
" }

" reStructuredText
Bundle 'Rykka/riv.vim'
" Markdown
Bundle 'plasticboy/vim-markdown'

" Bundle 'Valloric/YouCompleteMe’
" Bundle 'Shougo/vimproc.vim'

" { Haskell
" Bundle 'urso/haskell_syntax.vim'
" Bundle 'eagletmt/ghcmod-vim'
Bundle 'Twinside/vim-haskellConceal'
Bundle 'vim-scripts/haskell.vim'
Bundle 'Twinside/vim-haskellFold'
Bundle 'bitc/lushtags'
Bundle 'vim-scripts/Darcs'
" }

" { Dash
Bundle 'rizzatti/funcoo.vim'
Bundle 'rizzatti/dash.vim'
" }

filetype plugin indent on

...


2013/11/9 Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com>
I'm a vimer :)
although I use it a lot to do small editing on random files, I've never used it as a dev environment.



On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM, David Thomas <davidleothomas <at> gmail.com> wrote:
I use vim, though I think if you know neither vim nor emacs, emacs might be a better choice for Haskell.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Miro Karpis <miroslav.karpis <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I use sublime with sublime-haskell.

m.


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Tommy Thorn <tt1729 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
I use both kinds: Emacs + haskell-mode and Emacs For Mac OS X + haskell-mode.

:)

Tommy

On Nov 8, 2013, at 11:44 , Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi cafe,
> I would like to know which IDE are you using?
> I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
> However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.
>
> There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
> I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?
>
> I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.
>
> Best,
> Corentin
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe




--
JP Moresmau
http://jpmoresmau.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Marc Weber | 8 Nov 23:34 2013
Picon
Picon

Re: IDE


github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-haskell: Provides simple compile in
background quickfix implementation with auto reconfiguring of your cabal
project. It also supports multiple cabal configurations

vim-addon-async is an alternative async implementation for Vim based on
client-server which could be used to implement accessing ghci in some
ways. It already implements python/ruby REPL with Vim completion.
Would be some work, though. Vim occasionally crashes, too.

Note:
vim-addon-manager is a close competitor to vundle, see
http://vim-wiki.mawercer.de/wiki/topic/vim%20plugin%20managment.html

Note2: On Mailinglists you should always bottom quote which also means
- delete text you don't reply to ! Even Windows users can do so
  comfortably using Shift-Ctrl-END Del.

I don't know about current state of scion. In the past for older ghc's
there was an implementation for Vim, too.

Marc Weber
MigMit | 8 Nov 20:57 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

Emacs.

The ability to run ghci in another frame is a killer feature. Sublime is the closest competitor, but
implements this feature in an uncomfortable way.

On 08 Nov 2013, at 23:44, Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi cafe,
> I would like to know which IDE are you using?
> I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
> However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation
process is very painful.
> 
> There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial. 
> I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them.
Will there be an off-line version?
> 
> I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in
continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.
> 
> Best,
> Corentin
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Schell Scivally | 9 Nov 20:59 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

I use vim for all dev work except iOS. Specifically I use MacVim on OS X and GVim on Linux. Once I switched to vim I never looked back. Here are some plugins that I use:

http://github.com/gmarik/vundle         -- Package manager 
http://github.com/Shougo/vimproc        -- Required for ghcmod-vim
http://github.com/ujihisa/neco-ghc      -- Haskell completion for neocomplcache
http://github.com/kien/ctrlp.vim        -- Sublime text's anything command (quick goto)
http://github.com/majutsushi/tagbar     -- Symbol goto based on ctags
http://github.com/kana/vim-fakeclip     -- OS X clipboard support
http://github.com/eagletmt/ghcmod-vim   -- Syntax/compilation checking, quickfix integration
http://github.com/travitch/hasksyn      -- Better haskell syntax coloring
http://github.com/dag/vim2hs            -- More haskell syntax coloring

I have a lot of Haskell syntax plugins and some of those may be conflicting, IDK, but it works well IMO. Using all that I get a pretty good IDE feeling when developing in Haskell. I also use a tool called steeloverseer that I wrote to continuously compile my cabal projects. If you're interested it's on hackage and you can read the readme at https://github.com/schell/steeloverseer/. I hope that helps!


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Vagif Verdi | 9 Nov 22:34 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

Emacs + haskell-mode gives you:

- cabal project loading, support sandboxing.
- autocomplete (using generated TAGS file with hasktags)
- code navigation. You click on a function and it jumps to its definition.
- navigation of top level functions (imenu)
- type info
- error and warning jumps
- import management
- ghci
- hoogle and hayoo help integration
- hlint integration

You can do continuous compilation using emacs fly-mode.

On Friday, November 8, 2013 11:44:44 AM UTC-8, Corentin Dupont wrote:
Hi cafe,
I would like to know which IDE are you using?
I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.

There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?

I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.

Best,
Corentin


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Simon bergot | 10 Nov 07:32 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

I am usually an emacs+evil windows user, but the first time I tried to set things up for haskell, I failed. I still use emacs for small scripts

I use eclipseFP for other projects for the following reasons:
- it was easy to set-up
- it has a lot features out of the box
- I can use Vrapper to get vim keybindings
- autocomplete
- HLint support
- stylish haskell integration
- unit tests support with HTF
- cabal file edition

I never used eclipse before, but I did not find it too painful. The trade-off with emacs configuration difficulty was more than enough for me. Thank you JP Moresmau!


On 9 November 2013 22:34, Vagif Verdi <vagif.verdi <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Emacs + haskell-mode gives you:

- cabal project loading, support sandboxing.
- autocomplete (using generated TAGS file with hasktags)
- code navigation. You click on a function and it jumps to its definition.
- navigation of top level functions (imenu)
- type info
- error and warning jumps
- import management
- ghci
- hoogle and hayoo help integration
- hlint integration

You can do continuous compilation using emacs fly-mode.


On Friday, November 8, 2013 11:44:44 AM UTC-8, Corentin Dupont wrote:
Hi cafe,
I would like to know which IDE are you using?
I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.

There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?

I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.

Best,
Corentin



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe




--
Simon

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Ketil Malde | 11 Nov 11:17 2013

Re: IDE


> Emacs + haskell-mode gives you:

  [lots of goodies I need to learn more about]

> You can do continuous compilation using emacs fly-mode.

After starting to use ghc-mod, I never looked back.  Having trouble
spots being automatically highlighted is really a huge improvement over
the old write-compile-debug cycle.  Other benefits, like automatic type
signature insertion is also nice, of course.

(I haven't really tried anything else, so perhaps this is standard fare
these days.  Just wanted to voice my appreciation, I guess :-)

-k
--

-- 
If I haven't seen further, it is by standing in the footprints of giants
Thanatos xiao | 11 Nov 17:53 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

I use emacs + haskell-mode and some plugs developing in emacs
very useful!


2013/11/11 Ketil Malde <ketil <at> malde.org>

> Emacs + haskell-mode gives you:

  [lots of goodies I need to learn more about]

> You can do continuous compilation using emacs fly-mode.

After starting to use ghc-mod, I never looked back.  Having trouble
spots being automatically highlighted is really a huge improvement over
the old write-compile-debug cycle.  Other benefits, like automatic type
signature insertion is also nice, of course.

(I haven't really tried anything else, so perhaps this is standard fare
these days.  Just wanted to voice my appreciation, I guess :-)

-k
--
If I haven't seen further, it is by standing in the footprints of giants
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
m00nlight | 12 Nov 03:26 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

The haskell-mode 13.7 of Emacs will eat all the cpu resource on my computer when I configure the 
indent of haskell mode. Does any one encounter the same issue ?



--
--
Best Regards
From Emacs Like Excellent Browser: Conkeror

At 2013-11-12 00:53:52,"Thanatos xiao" <yanxiaopei199 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
I use emacs + haskell-mode and some plugs developing in emacs
very useful!


2013/11/11 Ketil Malde <ketil <at> malde.org>

> Emacs + haskell-mode gives you:

  [lots of goodies I need to learn more about]

> You can do continuous compilation using emacs fly-mode.

After starting to use ghc-mod, I never looked back.  Having trouble
spots being automatically highlighted is really a huge improvement over
the old write-compile-debug cycle.  Other benefits, like automatic type
signature insertion is also nice, of course.

(I haven't really tried anything else, so perhaps this is standard fare
these days.  Just wanted to voice my appreciation, I guess :-)

-k
--
If I haven't seen further, it is by standing in the footprints of giants
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Alberto G. Corona | 16 Nov 13:38 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

I use Leksah, that provides much of the things mentioned here except perhaps hLint integration. Another nice feature is that it can rebuild the tree of project dependencies  when something changes.


2013/11/12 m00nlight <dot_wangyushi <at> yeah.net>
The haskell-mode 13.7 of Emacs will eat all the cpu resource on my computer when I configure the 
indent of haskell mode. Does any one encounter the same issue ?



--
--
Best Regards
From Emacs Like Excellent Browser: Conkeror

At 2013-11-12 00:53:52,"Thanatos xiao" <yanxiaopei199 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
I use emacs + haskell-mode and some plugs developing in emacs
very useful!


2013/11/11 Ketil Malde <ketil <at> malde.org>

> Emacs + haskell-mode gives you:

  [lots of goodies I need to learn more about]

> You can do continuous compilation using emacs fly-mode.

After starting to use ghc-mod, I never looked back.  Having trouble
spots being automatically highlighted is really a huge improvement over
the old write-compile-debug cycle.  Other benefits, like automatic type
signature insertion is also nice, of course.

(I haven't really tried anything else, so perhaps this is standard fare
these days.  Just wanted to voice my appreciation, I guess :-)

-k
--
If I haven't seen further, it is by standing in the footprints of giants
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe




_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe




--
Alberto.
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Andrew Butterfield | 11 Nov 10:03 2013
Picon
Picon

Re: IDE

I use WinEdt + MikTex on Windows…

Most of my work uses .lhs literate scripts that are also LaTeX files, hence the perhaps strange choice.

I run Windows in a VM on Mac OS X (my desktop) because Mac support for LaTeX is, well, basically dreadful !

… now I'm sliding off-topic so I'll shut up…


Regards, Andrew.

On 8 Nov 2013, at 19:44, Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:

Hi cafe,
I would like to know which IDE are you using?
I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.

There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?

I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.

Best,
Corentin


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Butterfield     Tel: +353-1-896-2517     Fax: +353-1-677-2204
Lero <at> TCD, Head of Foundations & Methods Research Group
Director of Teaching and Learning - Undergraduate,
School of Computer Science and Statistics,
Room G.39, O'Reilly Institute, Trinity College, University of Dublin
                          http://www.scss.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/
--------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Edgar Klerks | 23 Nov 12:09 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

If you use conque, you can run a GHCI session in vim: http://code.google.com/p/conque/ That works pretty well.

Neocomplcache +ghcmod + neco-ghc delivers good support for auto-completion.

Syntastic will annotate errors in your source file.

Gundo for reverting and viewing local changes, vim stores internally a tree with changes. With some configuration it can remember changes for days. The only drawback is that you can always hit u, because your last weeks changes are still remembered. 

For searching in files, I use ack.vim.

And for moving to files, I use ctrl-p, which let you open files with little typing.

You should also look into sessions (a vim feature). With this you can save your current development environment and start from there.

Bundle 'neocomplcache'
Bundle 'surround.vim'
Bundle 'eagletmt/neco-ghc'
Bundle "eagletmt/ghcmod-vim"
Bundle 'ctrlp.vim'
Bundle 'ack.vim'
Bundle 'Gundo'
Bundle 'scrooloose/syntastic'
Bundle "Shougo/vimproc"

There are a lot of different plugins  I use, but these have proven themselves useful, also for general development.


I miss a program for creating tagfiles for haskell. This would be handy, because you can jump quickly to definition file with this.

Greets,

Edgar


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hi cafe,
I would like to know which IDE are you using?
I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.

There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?

I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.

Best,
Corentin



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Corentin Dupont | 23 Nov 12:45 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

Hi all!
Thanks for you responses. Here is a sum-up so far.
The vertical bars is the number of persons using this one among the replies.

- Emacs + haskell-mode IIIII
- sublime with sublime-haskell I
- vim IIII (see tips from Александр Сухарев, Marc Weber, Schell Scivally, Edgar Klerks)
- EclipseFP II
- Leksah III
- WinEdt + MikTex

Please tell me if I missed something :)
Best,
Corentin



On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Edgar Klerks <edgar.klerks <at> gmail.com> wrote:
If you use conque, you can run a GHCI session in vim: http://code.google.com/p/conque/ That works pretty well.

Neocomplcache +ghcmod + neco-ghc delivers good support for auto-completion.

Syntastic will annotate errors in your source file.

Gundo for reverting and viewing local changes, vim stores internally a tree with changes. With some configuration it can remember changes for days. The only drawback is that you can always hit u, because your last weeks changes are still remembered. 

For searching in files, I use ack.vim.

And for moving to files, I use ctrl-p, which let you open files with little typing.

You should also look into sessions (a vim feature). With this you can save your current development environment and start from there.

Bundle 'neocomplcache'
Bundle 'surround.vim'
Bundle 'eagletmt/neco-ghc'
Bundle "eagletmt/ghcmod-vim"
Bundle 'ctrlp.vim'
Bundle 'ack.vim'
Bundle 'Gundo'
Bundle 'scrooloose/syntastic'
Bundle "Shougo/vimproc"

There are a lot of different plugins  I use, but these have proven themselves useful, also for general development.


I miss a program for creating tagfiles for haskell. This would be handy, because you can jump quickly to definition file with this.

Greets,

Edgar


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hi cafe,
I would like to know which IDE are you using?
I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.

There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?

I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.

Best,
Corentin



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Schell Scivally | 23 Nov 19:20 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

Edgar, for tags I use ctags (exuberant) with the following tag file:

--langdef=haskell
--langmap=haskell:.hs
--regex-haskell=/^module[ \s]([a-zA-Z0-9]*)[ \s]where/\1/m,module/
--regex-haskell=/^import[ \s](.*)/\1/i,import/
--regex-haskell=/^class[ \s](.*)where/\1/t,typeclasses/
--regex-haskell=/^instance[ \s](.*)where/\1/c,classes/
--regex-haskell=/^data[ \s]([a-zA-Z0-9]*)[ \s]/\1/d,data/
--regex-haskell=/^([ \sa-zA-Z0-9]*)[ \s]::[ \s](.*)$/\1/f,functions/

And then using tagbar I customize my .vimrc with:

" TagBar
nmap <Leader>tb :TagbarOpenAutoClose<CR>

let g:tagbar_type_haskell = {
    \ 'ctagstype' : 'Haskell',
    \ 'kinds' : [
        \ 'm:module',
        \ 'i:import',
        \ 'd:data',
        \ 't:typeclasses',
        \ 'c:instances',
        \ 'f:functions',
    \ ]
\ }
  
It could probably be improved but it works well enough to jump around to symbols.


On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 3:09 AM, Edgar Klerks <edgar.klerks <at> gmail.com> wrote:
If you use conque, you can run a GHCI session in vim: http://code.google.com/p/conque/ That works pretty well.

Neocomplcache +ghcmod + neco-ghc delivers good support for auto-completion.

Syntastic will annotate errors in your source file.

Gundo for reverting and viewing local changes, vim stores internally a tree with changes. With some configuration it can remember changes for days. The only drawback is that you can always hit u, because your last weeks changes are still remembered. 

For searching in files, I use ack.vim.

And for moving to files, I use ctrl-p, which let you open files with little typing.

You should also look into sessions (a vim feature). With this you can save your current development environment and start from there.

Bundle 'neocomplcache'
Bundle 'surround.vim'
Bundle 'eagletmt/neco-ghc'
Bundle "eagletmt/ghcmod-vim"
Bundle 'ctrlp.vim'
Bundle 'ack.vim'
Bundle 'Gundo'
Bundle 'scrooloose/syntastic'
Bundle "Shougo/vimproc"

There are a lot of different plugins  I use, but these have proven themselves useful, also for general development.


I miss a program for creating tagfiles for haskell. This would be handy, because you can jump quickly to definition file with this.

Greets,

Edgar


On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hi cafe,
I would like to know which IDE are you using?
I use Leksah, I like the GUI design and constant compilation process.
However, the development seems to be slowing down: last version date from early 2012. The installation process is very painful.

There is FPComplete IDE coming up, but it's commercial.
I'm experimenting with it, anyway: how to compile using cabal files? It doesn't seem to recognize them. Will there be an off-line version?

I'm interested to know if you are using vim to develop: which extension are you using? I'm interested in continuous compilation, project files browsing, code completion, search-in-files.

Best,
Corentin



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe




--
Schell Scivally
http://blog.efnx.com
http://github.com/schell
http://twitter.com/schellsan
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Thiago Padilha | 25 Nov 01:20 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

For most languages/platform I've worked with, the following combo always served
me very well:

- zsh: very powerful bourne-compatible shell
- tmux: terminal multiplexer with powerful scripting features, this provides
  highly flexible session management for software projects or any other admin
  task done through terminal
- vim: one of the best text editors ever, with a very active community and
  thousands of plugins for most programming languages(a nice selection
of haskell
  plugins)

Using these tools as an IDE might seem strange/hard at first(especially for
users of single-program IDEs), but once the initial learning curve is passed you
will find yourself with a very flexible environment that you can adapt
for basically any kind of programming language.

After installing the following vim plugins I had a full-featured haskell IDE:

General-purpose plugins:
- UltiSnips: best snippets plugin for vim
- Syntastic: show syntax errors and hlint warnings everytime you save
- Slimux: Control tmux panes from vim. I use this with a scratchpad to quicky
  test code in ghci

Haskell-specific plugins:
- vim2hs: many haskell-related features, see github page for description
- nego-ghc: smart code completion
- ghcmod-vim: ghcmod integration
- vim-hoogle: easily make hoogle queries from vim

And for those who think terminal applications are ugly, here's a
screenshot of my
IDE in action: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia3hm69vkxdvcsf/haskell-ide.png
Thiago Negri | 25 Nov 11:57 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

I'm using emacs just for basic text file editing, no auto-completion, no flymake, etc.
I find it quite dificult to navigate between files of a project and have no time to configure emacs to work as an IDE.

There are lots of plugins pointed out in the wiki and such, but there's a lack of step-by-step tutorials or packages that works out of the box. I always need to search the entire web for the lines I need to punch into .emacs file.

It's already hard to maintain brain's memory for other stuff, having to learn my way thru emacs was time consuming and yet if I would start a fresh-install of it, I probably would need to search the entire web again.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Mateusz Kowalczyk | 25 Nov 12:05 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

On 25/11/13 10:57, Thiago Negri wrote:
> I'm using emacs just for basic text file editing, no auto-completion, no
> flymake, etc.
> I find it quite dificult to navigate between files of a project and have no
> time to configure emacs to work as an IDE.

You're almost certainly wasting more time by not using any IDE-ish
features that you could set up than you would take setting it up.

> 
> There are lots of plugins pointed out in the wiki and such, but there's a
> lack of step-by-step tutorials or packages that works out of the box. I
> always need to search the entire web for the lines I need to punch into
> .emacs file.

Nowadays, with a recent-enough emacs you can do ‘M-x install-package’
which does everything for you. There's also ‘M-x customize’ which allows
you to change all the various package options in an interface.

> 
> It's already hard to maintain brain's memory for other stuff, having to
> learn my way thru emacs was time consuming and yet if I would start a
> fresh-install of it, I probably would need to search the entire web again.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
> 

--

-- 
Mateusz K.
Tillmann Rendel | 25 Nov 13:57 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

Hi,

Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> Nowadays, with a recent-enough emacs you can do ‘M-x install-package’
> which does everything for you.

Which packages should I install this way to get decent Haskell support?

   Tillmann
Dario Bertini | 25 Nov 14:13 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Mateusz Kowalczyk
<fuuzetsu <at> fuuzetsu.co.uk> wrote:
> You're almost certainly wasting more time by not using any IDE-ish
> features that you could set up than you would take setting it up.
>

as long as haskell is your go-to language, and barely use anything
else... and you don't have a non standard setup (like, non-posix
shell)... and you don't stumble upon some bugs in IDE-ish
functionality that barely anyone use

I agree

otherwise, emacs is the triumph of yak-shaving :/

>>
> Nowadays, with a recent-enough emacs you can do ‘M-x install-package’
> which does everything for you. There's also ‘M-x customize’ which allows
> you to change all the various package options in an interface.
>

just a small note to other haskell+emacs newbs like myself:

to get the same functionality by installing haskell-mode from inside
emacs as you get by installing the haskell-mode ubuntu package, you'll
probably need to add to your init.el the following:

(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-indentation)
(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-doc-mode)

while we are at it, is there any way to get the doc-mode working
correctly with value outside Prelude?

for example, after hiding try from the Prelude and importing
Text.Parsec, in the minibuffer I get

try :: IO a -> IO (Either IOErrror a)

instead of the correct

try :: ParsecT s u m a -> ParsecT s u m a

thanks
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Thiago Negri | 25 Nov 14:21 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

I've installed haskell-mode and some others from the package manager.
Yet I have no auto-completion, no go-to-definition, no overview, no function lookup/search.

I use Eclipse for Java, and it works out of the box.
The lack of an easy-to-setup IDE is something I really miss in "Haskell environment".

How much time would it take to setup emacs as an IDE for Haskell?
Considering I'm pretty newby as emacs.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Alejandro Serrano Mena | 25 Nov 14:29 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

Well, you have EclipseFP as a Haskell plug-in for Eclipse. You may give it a try :)


2013/11/25 Thiago Negri <evohunz <at> gmail.com>
I've installed haskell-mode and some others from the package manager.
Yet I have no auto-completion, no go-to-definition, no overview, no function lookup/search.

I use Eclipse for Java, and it works out of the box.
The lack of an easy-to-setup IDE is something I really miss in "Haskell environment".

How much time would it take to setup emacs as an IDE for Haskell?
Considering I'm pretty newby as emacs.


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
JP Moresmau | 25 Nov 14:31 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

If you're used to Eclipse, why don't you give EclipseFP a try? I'm not saying it's perfect and of course it's not out of the box in Eclipse, but maybe it could suit you better. Feel free to post issues on the Github issues tracker or the sourceforge discussion.

Thanks

JP


On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Thiago Negri <evohunz <at> gmail.com> wrote:
I've installed haskell-mode and some others from the package manager.
Yet I have no auto-completion, no go-to-definition, no overview, no function lookup/search.

I use Eclipse for Java, and it works out of the box.
The lack of an easy-to-setup IDE is something I really miss in "Haskell environment".

How much time would it take to setup emacs as an IDE for Haskell?
Considering I'm pretty newby as emacs.


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe




--
JP Moresmau
http://jpmoresmau.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Corentin Dupont | 25 Nov 16:37 2013
Picon

Re: IDE

Leksah is also a good all-in-one standalone solution. If you have it in your distribution, it should install fine (apt-get install leksah).


On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM, JP Moresmau <jpmoresmau <at> gmail.com> wrote:
If you're used to Eclipse, why don't you give EclipseFP a try? I'm not saying it's perfect and of course it's not out of the box in Eclipse, but maybe it could suit you better. Feel free to post issues on the Github issues tracker or the sourceforge discussion.

Thanks

JP


On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Thiago Negri <evohunz <at> gmail.com> wrote:
I've installed haskell-mode and some others from the package manager.
Yet I have no auto-completion, no go-to-definition, no overview, no function lookup/search.

I use Eclipse for Java, and it works out of the box.
The lack of an easy-to-setup IDE is something I really miss in "Haskell environment".

How much time would it take to setup emacs as an IDE for Haskell?
Considering I'm pretty newby as emacs.


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe




_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Magnus Therning | 23 Nov 22:28 2013

Re: IDE

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 12:09:23PM +0100, Edgar Klerks wrote:
> I miss a program for creating tagfiles for haskell. This would be handy,
> because you can jump quickly to definition file with this.

There are a few of those on hackage:

 http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/search?terms=hasktags

I've tried hasktags in the past and it's worked well for me.

/M

--

-- 
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4 
email: magnus <at> therning.org   jabber: magnus <at> therning.org
twitter: magthe               http://therning.org/magnus

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

Gmane