Vaniax | 17 Nov 23:42 2013

Error cabal update: "Unsucessful HTTP code: 404"

Hi,

I have a big problem with a fresh installation of the Haskell-Platform 2013.2 on Windows 7. When I try to run `cabal update` I get
the following error message:

"Downloading the latest package list from hackage.haskell.org cabal:
 Failed to download http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/00-index.tar.gz :
 ErrorMisc "Unsucessful HTTP code:  404"

When I try
`wget http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/00-index.tar.gz`everything works alright. I'm using no proxies or something like that. Maybe someone know whats going wrong? A parallel Windows-XP installation of the platform works fine.

Vaniax
Dan Krol | 18 Nov 00:42 2013
Picon

Re: Error cabal update: "Unsucessful HTTP code: 404"

haskell.org seemed to be altogether down the other day. Perhaps the second one worked because you tried it later? Did you try the cabal command today? As of at least right now haskell.org is working for me.

I have a big problem with a fresh installation of the Haskell-Platform 2013.2 on Windows 7. When I try to run `cabal update` I get
the following error message:

"Downloading the latest package list from hackage.haskell.org cabal:
 Failed to download http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/00-index.tar.gz :
 ErrorMisc "Unsucessful HTTP code:  404"

When I try
`wget http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/00-index.tar.gz`everything works alright. I'm using no proxies or something like that. Maybe someone know whats going wrong? A parallel Windows-XP installation of the platform works fine.

Vaniax

Vaniax | 18 Nov 19:01 2013

Re: Error cabal update: "Unsucessful HTTP code: 404"

Mhh, I tried it two hours ago with the same result.