Lucas Paul | 21 Dec 00:30 2013
Picon

Troubleshooting-type questions

I wouldn't want to clutter the list with off-topic stuff, so I'll ask first.

Once in a while I'll have trouble trying to use some piece of
software, like Shpider or Yesod. Is it on-topic to ask specific
"how-do-I-use/do"-type questions for particular packages like that on
this list?

--
Lucas Paul
Scott Lawrence | 21 Dec 00:29 2013

Re: Troubleshooting-type questions

A poem:

This is -cafe.
Fire away.

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, Lucas Paul wrote:

> I wouldn't want to clutter the list with off-topic stuff, so I'll ask first.
>
> Once in a while I'll have trouble trying to use some piece of
> software, like Shpider or Yesod. Is it on-topic to ask specific
> "how-do-I-use/do"-type questions for particular packages like that on
> this list?
>
> --
> Lucas Paul

Scott Lawrence
Tikhon Jelvis | 21 Dec 00:33 2013
Picon

Re: Troubleshooting-type questions

For really specific questions, you might be best off on IRC. There is the general #haskell channel on Freenode as well as specific ones for certain major libraries like lens and Yesod.

I wouldn't want to clutter the list with off-topic stuff, so I'll ask first.

Once in a while I'll have trouble trying to use some piece of
software, like Shpider or Yesod. Is it on-topic to ask specific
"how-do-I-use/do"-type questions for particular packages like that on
this list?

--
Lucas Paul
Tom Ellis | 21 Dec 00:44 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 03:33:06PM -0800, Tikhon Jelvis wrote:
> For really specific questions, you might be best off on IRC. There is the
> general #haskell channel on Freenode as well as specific ones for certain
> major libraries like lens and Yesod.

Furthermore, http://stackoverflow.com/ is very responsive to Haskell
questions.

Gmane