Henk-Jan van Tuyl | 28 Dec 14:30 2013
Picon

Segmentation fault/access violation when CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH not set correctly

L.S.,

When I compile an application against an experimental version of
wxHaskell*, the application always ends with the message:
   Segmentation fault/access violation in generated code
, unless I set the environment variable CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH to
   C:\Program Files\Haskell
Platform\2013.2.0.0\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.5.2\include\c++\
, which is the same value as used when compiling wxHaskell.

If I copy the contents of C:\Programs\Haskell Platform\2013.2.0.0\ to some
other location and let CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH point to the new location of
directory c++, the segmentation fault message reappears.

Why is this and how can create an application that also works on another
computer?

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

* wxHaskell is a binding to the wxWidgets GUI library, which is written in
C++

Folding <at> home
us closer sooner. Watch the video.
http://folding.stanford.edu/
(Continue reading)

Carter Schonwald | 28 Dec 17:32 2013
Picon

Re: Segmentation fault/access violation when CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH not set correctly

File bug report with the wxhaskell maintainer.  And ask them! :-)

Cheers
-carter

--
Folding <at> home
What if you could share your unused computer power to help find a cure? In just 5 minutes you can join the world's biggest networked computer and get us closer sooner. Watch the video.

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming
Henk-Jan van Tuyl | 28 Dec 23:39 2013
Picon

Re: Segmentation fault/access violation when CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH not set correctly

OK, done that; I asked myself, but I didn't know the answer :-). The
problem is most likely not wxHaskell specific, but something related to
compiling/linking.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 17:32:36 +0100, Carter Schonwald
<carter.schonwald <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> File bug report with the wxhaskell maintainer.  And ask them! :-)
>
> Cheers
> -carter
>
> On Saturday, December 28, 2013, Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
>

>> L.S.,
>>
>> When I compile an application against an experimental version of
>> wxHaskell*, the application always ends with the message:
>>   Segmentation fault/access violation in generated code
>> , unless I set the environment variable CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH to
>>   C:\Program Files\Haskell Platform\2013.2.0.0\mingw\lib\
>> gcc\mingw32\4.5.2\include\c++\
>> , which is the same value as used when compiling wxHaskell.
>>
>> If I copy the contents of C:\Programs\Haskell Platform\2013.2.0.0\ to
>> some
>> other location and let CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH point to the new location of
>> directory c++, the segmentation fault message reappears.
>>
>> Why is this and how can create an application that also works on another
>> computer?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Henk-Jan van Tuyl
>>

>> * wxHaskell is a binding to the wxWidgets GUI library, which is written
>> in
>> C++

Folding <at> home
us closer sooner. Watch the video.
http://folding.stanford.edu/

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming
--
Carter Schonwald | 29 Dec 02:45 2013
Picon

Re: Segmentation fault/access violation when CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH not set correctly

Hehe, linking problems are a subtle critter indeed.  I've actually a pretty nontrivial linking challenges in some of my own princes currently so I can sympathize.