Alexander Alexeev | 5 Jan 16:59 2014

Cloud Haskell, spawn, link and spawnLink

Hi.

Let's consider the following code:

  pid <- spawnLocal ...
  link pid

Is it true, that a parent process will always be terminated when
child process terminates, even if child process will be terminated
between calls of spawnLocal and link? I wrote a test program and it
seems to be so. But I wanted to be sure, that this is not some
coincidence, but a real Cloud Haskell semantics.

Is the same true for monitors?

Best regards,
Alexander Alexeev
http://eax.me/
Alexander Alexeev | 6 Jan 14:36 2014

Re: Cloud Haskell, spawn, link and spawnLink

If someone is interested, I got an answer on this question in Cloud
Haskell mailing list:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/parallel-haskell/x280cGqJWGo