Philip Dexter | 2 Mar 05:15 2014
Picon

ICFP 2014 deadline discrepancy: UTC -11 /= anywhere in the world

ICFP 2014's website [1] (and all notices) list the deadline as

Saturday, 1 March 2014, 23:59 UTC-11 (anywhere in the world)

Anywhere in the world time, also known as Anywhere on Earth (AoE), is UTC-12, not UTC-11.

Is there anybody that can confirm that this is intentional? EasyChair does not list a deadline.
Amit Aryeh Levy | 2 Mar 06:27 2014

Re: ICFP 2014 deadline discrepancy: UTC -11 /= anywhere in the world

Any news on this by chance? I would love to have an extra hour of not sleeping!

ICFP 2014's website [1] (and all notices) list the deadline as

Saturday, 1 March 2014, 23:59 UTC-11 (anywhere in the world)

Anywhere in the world time, also known as Anywhere on Earth (AoE), is UTC-12, not UTC-11.

Is there anybody that can confirm that this is intentional? EasyChair does not list a deadline.

Philip Dexter | 2 Mar 06:33 2014
Picon

Re: ICFP 2014 deadline discrepancy: UTC -11 /= anywhere in the world

Any news on this by chance? I would love to have an extra hour of not sleeping!

None yet, unfortunately.

My advisor said he would wake up 2 hours before the deadline to make one final pass. He said this under the impression that the deadline was tonight, AoE. He'll be cranky when I call him an hour earlier!