Andy Morris | 10 Mar 17:16 2014
Picon

[GSOC] haskell-type-exts?

On the GSOC ideas page for haskell.org is haskell-type-exts[1], which—as the name may suggest :)—is a
proposal for a typechecker for haskell-src-exts.

It doesn't seem to have got much attention, having only a single comment from two years ago, and I haven't
seen anyone talking about it here or elsewhere. I guess this is still something that would be useful, so
unless anyone has a reason why not, I'd like to apply to do it. I'll probably start working on the
application later today unless some objections surface :)

(Is Niklas Broberg subscribed to this list? If so: would you still be willing to mentor this project?)

[1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1620
Ömer Sinan Ağacan | 10 Mar 17:22 2014
Picon

Re: [GSOC] haskell-type-exts?

This is actually very interesting project, IMO. I'll be applying to
another idea( https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1608
) but I'll keep an eye on this project too, just to see how it's
going. I hope your proposal gets accepted and you finish this before
the deadline :-)

---
Ömer Sinan Ağacan
http://osa1.net

> On the GSOC ideas page for haskell.org is haskell-type-exts[1], which--as the name may suggest :)--is a
proposal for a typechecker for haskell-src-exts.

> It doesn't seem to have got much attention, having only a single comment from two years ago, and I haven't
seen anyone talking about it here or elsewhere. I guess this is still something that would be useful, so
unless anyone has a reason why not, I'd like to apply to do it. I'll probably start working on the
application later today unless some objections surface :)

> (Is Niklas Broberg subscribed to this list? If so: would you still be willing to mentor this project?)
>
> [1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1620

Roman Cheplyaka | 10 Mar 17:29 2014

Re: [GSOC] haskell-type-exts?

* Andy Morris <andy <at> adradh.org.uk> [2014-03-10 17:16:08+0100]
> On the GSOC ideas page for haskell.org is haskell-type-exts[1], which—as the name may suggest :)—is
a proposal for a typechecker for haskell-src-exts.

> It doesn't seem to have got much attention, having only a single comment from two years ago, and I haven't
seen anyone talking about it here or elsewhere. I guess this is still something that would be useful, so
unless anyone has a reason why not, I'd like to apply to do it. I'll probably start working on the
application later today unless some objections surface :)

> (Is Niklas Broberg subscribed to this list? If so: would you still be willing to mentor this project?)
>
> [1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1620

It was already accepted for GSoC (and worked on) a couple of years ago. Sadly,
it hasn't got much attention since then.

http://cleantypecheck.wordpress.com/

Roman