Yitzchak Gale | 19 Mar 17:15 2014

ANN: timezone-olson V0.1.4

Version 0.1.4 of timezone-olson has been released on Hackage.
This version adds support for version 3 olson timezone files,
which are now beginning to appear in the wild.
Thanks to Renzo Carbonara and Oliver Charles for providing
this update.

The timezone-olson package provides a parser and renderer
for binary Olson timezone files whose format is specified by
the tzfile(5) man page on Unix-like systems. For more
information about this format, see:

http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm

Functions are provided for converting the parsed data into
'TimeZoneSeries' objects from the timezone-series package [1].
On many platforms, binary Olson timezone files suitable for use
with this package are available in the directory

/usr/share/zoneinfo

and its subdirectories on your computer.

Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/timezone-olson
Home page: http://projects.haskell.org/time-ng/

Note that support for tzfile versions 2 and 3 is not complete. We
parse all of the explicit clock transitions, but we do not yet
support the textual POSIX-style time zone specifications
that can be included; currently, those only affect clock transitions
that are predicted to occur far in the future. We also do not yet support