Charles Strahan | 28 Mar 06:23 2014
Picon

Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?

I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell, but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for things.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

-Charles
Carter Schonwald | 28 Mar 06:30 2014
Picon

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

hcapybara

webtestthingy

toomuchDOMTest

nodeHS.js -- powered by ghcjs

i kid i kid (been a long day hacking)

honestly, make up a dumb name, then ask for feedback after its ready for use by others, but before you push to hackage!

:)
-Carter

A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?

I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell, but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for things.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

-Charles

Lyndon Maydwell | 28 Mar 06:34 2014
Picon

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

happybara

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Carter Schonwald
<carter.schonwald <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> hcapybara
>
> webtestthingy
>
> toomuchDOMTest
>
> nodeHS.js -- powered by ghcjs
>
> i kid i kid (been a long day hacking)
>

> honestly, make up a dumb name, then ask for feedback after its ready for use
> by others, but before you push to hackage!
>
> :)
> -Carter
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Charles Strahan
> <charles.c.strahan <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of
>> Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?
>>
>> I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell,
>> but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for
>> things.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>>
>> -Charles

Curtis Gagliardi | 28 Mar 07:36 2014
Picon

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

I second happybara.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Lyndon Maydwell <maydwell <at> gmail.com> wrote:
happybara

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Carter Schonwald
<carter.schonwald <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> hcapybara
>
> webtestthingy
>
> toomuchDOMTest
>
> nodeHS.js -- powered by ghcjs
>
> i kid i kid (been a long day hacking)
>

> honestly, make up a dumb name, then ask for feedback after its ready for use
> by others, but before you push to hackage!
>
> :)
> -Carter
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Charles Strahan
> <charles.c.strahan <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of
>> Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?
>>
>> I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell,
>> but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for
>> things.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>>
>> -Charles

Charles Strahan | 28 Mar 09:10 2014
Picon

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

Ha! I considered Hapybara/Happybara, but thought the cheese factor might have been to high.

Looks like I'll probably go with the latter :). Thanks!

-Charles

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Lyndon Maydwell <maydwell <at> gmail.com> wrote:
happybara

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Carter Schonwald
<carter.schonwald <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> hcapybara
>
> webtestthingy
>
> toomuchDOMTest
>
> nodeHS.js -- powered by ghcjs
>
> i kid i kid (been a long day hacking)
>

> honestly, make up a dumb name, then ask for feedback after its ready for use
> by others, but before you push to hackage!
>
> :)
> -Carter
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Charles Strahan
> <charles.c.strahan <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of
>> Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?
>>
>> I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell,
>> but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for
>> things.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>>
>> -Charles

Tom Nielsen | 28 Mar 11:07 2014
Picon

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

you may be interested in http://hackage.haskell.org/package/http-test. I haven't really announced its existence, but it exists. This only uses http client calls and doesn't have a DOM/JS interpreter - I'd be very interested in having this in Haskell, a lot of the existing tools are extremely poor (e.g. fails 20% of the time for no good reason and thus useless as acceptance tests.)

Tom