Kyle Hanson | 4 Aug 19:40 2014

[ANN] StrappedTemplates - general purpose templates

Hello all,

I found that I wasn't quite satisfied by the template offerings (Heist, Hastache, Shakespearean, etc..) of Haskell, so I built my own. The goal is to have simple syntax that non-haskellers would be comfortable using, resembles templates found in other languages (Jinja, Django, etc) and an interface to render them that I don't have to think very hard to use.

Features include inheritance, logic, includes, functions, and relatively speedy rendering (much faster than interpreted templates like Heist-I and Hastache) .

Its very much a work in progress, but I felt that it was enough for an initial release and get general feedback on it.  Comments are appreciated.

One thing that I want to improve is how functions are handled in the template and in the "InputBucket", extend the syntax to allow you to do more inside the template and be able to define your own block functions. These will probably be added next major release.

Thanks!
Kyle Hanson
Ezequiel Alvarez | 4 Aug 19:58 2014
Picon

Re: [ANN] StrappedTemplates - general purpose templates

Very nice!