Thomas Hallgren | 2 Jul 00:54 2005
Picon

Re: programatica and haddock

Hi,

Christian Maeder wrote:

>I would like to see the advantages of both, programatica's documentation
>generation and haddock, to be united. (programatica sources don't go
>through haddock and have few type signatures that haddock could exploit,
>and haddock comments are useless for programatica.)
>
>Unfortunately, the markup used by both programs is different. "{-+" in
>programatica and "{- |" in haddock.
>
>Is there any chance that both documentation approaches could be streamlined?

Yes, adding support for Haddock style comment markup to the current HTML
renderer in the Programatica tools shouldn't be hard, so I might do
that. If I also add support for generating Haddock style documentation,
I could take advantage of the fact that the Programatica tools can infer
types, to compensate for the lack of explicit type signatures in source
code.

Thomas H

Gmane