Sara Kenedy | 17 Sep 03:11 2005
Picon

Use Haskell to extract GXL representation

Dear you all,

Currently, I am working with Haskell and GXL file (Graph eXchange Language). GXL
is  a sublanguage of XML and  its syntax is based on XML DTD.

1) In my work, I use GXL representation to represent a quantification
(e.g. forall(x:Z|x = 3 and x^2 - 3x + 2 =0))

2) My objective is to write a Haskell module to extract the content of
the GXL file such that a prover theorem (e.g, ICS) and a computer
algebra system (e.g, Matlab) can read the content of GXL file.

If any of you have experiences or any ideas about the problem, please
share with me.

I really appreciate for that.Thanks a lot.

Sara.
Bulat Ziganshin | 17 Sep 10:34 2005

Re: Use Haskell to extract GXL representation

Hello Sara,

Saturday, September 17, 2005, 5:11:23 AM, you wrote:

SK> 1) In my work, I use GXL representation to represent a quantification
SK> (e.g. forall(x:Z|x = 3 and x^2 - 3x + 2 =0))

SK> 2) My objective is to write a Haskell module to extract the content of
SK> the GXL file such that a prover theorem (e.g, ICS) and a computer
SK> algebra system (e.g, Matlab) can read the content of GXL file.

SK> If any of you have experiences or any ideas about the problem, please
SK> share with me.

you may use Parsec module to create parser: http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/daan/download/parsec/parsec.html

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz <at> HotPOP.com
Santoemma Enrico | 20 Sep 15:53 2005
Picon

Re: Use Haskell to extract GXL representation

Sara,

I've used extensively HaXml and the tool DtdToHaskell to do xml processing.

HaXml marshalls/demarshalls xml data and DtdToHaskell creates the "data" statements to handle xml in
haskell fashion.
I learnt how to write a palatable DTD for the delicate DtdToHaskell, but in your case I guess you're not the
dtd's author.

It's very simple, once everything is setup:

import MYDTD

myXml :: String -> IO MYDTD
myXml fileName = return $ fReadXml fileName

where MYDTD.hs is the output of:
$ DtdToHaskell MYDTD.dtd MYDTD.hs

Feel free to ask if you'll have troubles with DtdToHaskell. I remember I fought a lot :)

Salus,
Enrico