tsuraan | 6 Mar 01:39 2011
Picon

Haskell Platform 2011.2

The wiki page for Haskell Platform is still listing March 5 (today) as
the planned release date.  Is this still the plan, or should the page
be updated?
Don Stewart | 6 Mar 02:22 2011
Picon

Re: Haskell Platform 2011.2

We're currently testing the installers, with a view to announcing the
release early in the week.

Cheers,
  Don

P.S. you can help by testing the installers, and reporting issues on
the HP trac and mailing list. The candidate installers are here:

   http://code.galois.com/darcs/haskell-platform/download-website/

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 4:39 PM, tsuraan <tsuraan <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> The wiki page for Haskell Platform is still listing March 5 (today) as
> the planned release date.  Is this still the plan, or should the page
> be updated?

tsuraan | 6 Mar 03:20 2011
Picon

Re: Haskell Platform 2011.2

> We're currently testing the installers, with a view to announcing the
> release early in the week.

Very cool.  Thanks!
Andrew Coppin | 6 Mar 12:46 2011

Re: Haskell Platform 2011.2

On 06/03/2011 01:22 AM, Don Stewart wrote:

> P.S. you can help by testing the installers, and reporting issues on
> the HP trac and mailing list. The candidate installers are here:
>
>     http://code.galois.com/darcs/haskell-platform/download-website/

Is there some way to navigate to this page from the HP homepage?
Andrew Coppin | 8 Mar 21:17 2011

Re: Haskell Platform 2011.2

On 06/03/2011 11:46 AM, Andrew Coppin wrote:
> On 06/03/2011 01:22 AM, Don Stewart wrote:
>
>> P.S. you can help by testing the installers, and reporting issues on
>> the HP trac and mailing list. The candidate installers are here:
>>
>> http://code.galois.com/darcs/haskell-platform/download-website/
>
> Is there some way to navigate to this page from the HP homepage?

Seriously, if you want people to test it, having this fact more clearly
visible seems like a good idea. (In particular, I have access to Windows
systems I can test on, which is apparently rare around here, but until
this email I had no idea that a release candidate was even available...)
Don Stewart | 8 Mar 21:57 2011
Picon

Re: Haskell Platform 2011.2

We have plenty of testers on the haskell-platform <at>  list. If you're
interested, you can join there to discuss results.
By definition the test installers are not yet ready for haskell-cafe <at>
consumption.

-- Don

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Andrew Coppin
<andrewcoppin <at> btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 06/03/2011 11:46 AM, Andrew Coppin wrote:
>>
>> On 06/03/2011 01:22 AM, Don Stewart wrote:
>>
>>> P.S. you can help by testing the installers, and reporting issues on
>>> the HP trac and mailing list. The candidate installers are here:
>>>
>>> http://code.galois.com/darcs/haskell-platform/download-website/
>>
>> Is there some way to navigate to this page from the HP homepage?
>
> Seriously, if you want people to test it, having this fact more clearly
> visible seems like a good idea. (In particular, I have access to Windows
> systems I can test on, which is apparently rare around here, but until this
> email I had no idea that a release candidate was even available...)

Andrew Coppin | 8 Mar 22:04 2011

Re: Haskell Platform 2011.2

On 08/03/2011 08:57 PM, Don Stewart wrote:
> We have plenty of testers on the haskell-platform <at>  list. If you're
> interested, you can join there to discuss results.
> By definition the test installers are not yet ready for haskell-cafe <at>
> consumption.

Oh, right. There's a mailing list? I wasn't aware of that. I'll go take
a look...
Joachim Breitner | 9 Mar 07:43 2011
Picon

Re: Haskell Platform 2011.2

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 05.03.2011, 17:22 -0800 schrieb Don Stewart:
> We're currently testing the installers, with a view to announcing the
> release early in the week.

I thought
http://code.haskell.org/haskell-platform/haskell-platform.cabal
was the repository for the current darcs version of the platform, but
now I also find
http://code.galois.com/darcs/haskell-platform/haskell-platform.cabal

Which one is to be used?

Greetings,
Joachim

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata <at> debian.org | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata <at> joachim-breitner.de | http://people.debian.org/~nomeata
Mark Lentczner | 9 Mar 15:24 2011
Picon

Re: Haskell Platform 2011.2

code.haskell.org is the release repo
code.galois.com is current development repo

- Mark
Don Stewart | 9 Mar 19:54 2011
Picon

Re: Haskell Platform 2011.2

Also, due to reformatting code.haskell.org, the accounts were disabled
for a while.