Patrick Premont | 30 Aug 16:33 2012

ANNOUNCE: Perdure

We are pleased to announce a new persistence library named Perdure.

It aims to provide a simple and robust persistence mechanism for acyclic immutable data with an easily comprehensible cost-model. See the

link a complete description.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/perdure-0.1.2

This is our first open source Haskell contribution. Feedback is most welcome.

Patrick Prémont

Founder

Cognimeta Inc.

ppremont <at> cognimeta.com

Twitter: <at> ppremont

Felipe Almeida Lessa | 30 Aug 17:25 2012
Picon

Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Perdure

[moving discussion to haskell-cafe]

Congratulations and thanks for your new open source contribution!  I
hope you feel at home =).

Your library looks really interesting but I'm completely overwhelmed
by its size.  Its Cabal description is huge and there's no example of
how to use the library (it actually took me some time to understand
what the library tries to accomplish).  I took a quick look at the
modules but there are so many that I couldn't really make sense of
anything in a short time.

So, could you perhaps write a full example of how to use the library?
It looks like a nice library but I need a starting point =).

Cheers!

Felipe.
Patrick Premont | 1 Sep 04:54 2012

Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Perdure

We will work on releasing more interesting examples. For now there are only the test files such as https://github.com/Cognimeta/perdure/blob/7b6cbe80d1fc735f697b3ee148b01eb57c4079fa/exe-src/Database/Perdure/TestState.hs.

There were many internals that are needlessly exposed. We've hidden them in 0.2.0 so you can browse the
actual API.

Thank you for the words of welcome.

Patrick
Cognimeta Inc.