Daniel Santa Cruz | 11 Oct 03:19 2012
Picon

Haskell Weekly News: Issue 247

Welcome to issue 247 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits
of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the
week of September 30 to October 6, 2012.

Quotes of the Week

   * monochrom: 98% of people lack the property that they're members of
     the other 2%

   * ManuelChakravarty: We used to say, "Learn Haskell, it makes you a
     better Java programmer." Now we say, "Learn Agda, it makes you a
     better Haskell programmer."

   * Cale: data Nature a = Rock a | Stream (Nature a) | Bush (Nature a)
     (Nature a)

   * rwbarton: type inference is supposed to be the compiler's job, not
     the reader's job

   * ShelSilverstein: Lazy Lazy Lazy Lazy Lazy Lazy Jane. She wants a
     drink of water so she waits and waits and waits and waits and waits
     for it to rain.

   * Cale: We're up to 950 users which apparently means that any
     beginner question is now answered by 4 people.

   * YayMe: When I first started playing with haskell I could barely
     sleep for 2 days because of how confused it made me

   * EvanLaforge: Then we can tell them about how we had to walk in the