Daniel Santa Cruz | 25 Oct 06:34 2012
Picon

Haskell Weekly News: Issue 248

Welcome to issue 248 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits
of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers the
week of October 14 to October 20, 2012.

Quotes of the Week

   * shachaf: Don't fixity fit ain't broken.

   * shachaf: SIKP, the cheap knockoff book that uses the less-known
     programming language "skeem"

   * shachaf: category-extras was so great until the antitrust lawsuit.

   * Cale: If there was a second syntax and we named it cata' would that
     be a catastrophe?

   * acowley: I just don't want edwardk to name them, because he'll
     choose a name like "x"

   * cmccann: so edwardk has abstracted things to the point where you
     can use his libraries without even installing them

   * Jafet: Agda has an evaluator?

   * johnw: but probably the other package is more "idiomatic". if by
     that you mean "uses mathematics to such a degree that most people
     walk away in consternation"

   * copumpkin: if I throw enough CT terms out there, one of them is
     bound to be right eventually