wagnerdm | 21 Nov 19:48 2012

[ANN] gtk2hs-0.12.4

Today, we welcome into the world version 0.12.4 of Gtk2Hs[1], a set of
Haskell bindings to many of the libraries included in the Gtk+/Gnome
platform. Gtk+ is an extensive and mature multi-platform toolkit for
creating graphical user interfaces.

GUIs written using Gtk2Hs use themes to resemble the native look on
Windows. Gtk is the toolkit used by Gnome, one of the two major GUI
toolkits on Linux. On Mac OS programs written using Gtk2Hs are run by
Apple's X11 server but may also be linked against a native Aqua
implementation of Gtk.

This release is primarily a GHC-7.6 compatibility release, thanks in
large part to John Lato. In addition to releases of the core packages,
this release includes point updates to gconf and gstreamer.

The release has been tested on Linux and Windows with a variety of
combinations of Gtk+ and GHC versions.

Installation
------------
Assuming you have the necessary Gtk+ base libraries already installed,
you can get the basic set of Haskell bindings with these two commands:

cabal install gtk2hs-buildtools
cabal install gtk

Other available packages include gconf, glade, gnomevfs, gstreamer,
gtkglext, gtksourceview2, soegtk, svgcairo, vte, and webkit. There are
longer-winded instructions that include pointers on getting the Gtk+
base libraries installed on the website [2].
(Continue reading)

Roman Cheplyaka | 21 Nov 22:51 2012

Re: [Haskell] [ANN] gtk2hs-0.12.4

* wagnerdm <at> seas.upenn.edu <wagnerdm <at> seas.upenn.edu> [2012-11-21 13:48:35-0500]
> Today, we welcome into the world version 0.12.4 of Gtk2Hs[1], a set
> of Haskell bindings to many of the libraries included in the
> Gtk+/Gnome platform. Gtk+ is an extensive and mature multi-platform
> toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces.

Great — thanks to you and John for keeping it alive.

Roman