Simon Peyton-Jones | 28 Nov 16:11 2012
Picon

Haskell stars in experimental film

Friends

You may enjoy this weird 2-minute video:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfvoiqLZrs&feature=youtu.be

It stars our cat (who is called Haskell at my children’s insistence) in an “experimental concrete music video”, created by a Cambridge undergrad music student.  Enjoy!  (What is concrete music, btw?)

Simon

Joe Fredette | 28 Nov 16:17 2012
Picon

Re: Haskell stars in experimental film

I would guess they mean 'musique concréte'. It's a proto-electronic experimental music genre.

You may enjoy this weird 2-minute video:

It stars our cat (who is called Haskell at my children’s insistence) in an “experimental concrete music video”, created by a Cambridge undergrad music student.  Enjoy!  (What is concrete music, btw?)

Simon

Heinrich Apfelmus | 29 Nov 18:35 2012

Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Friends
>
> You may enjoy this weird 2-minute video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfvoiqLZrs&feature=youtu.be
>
> It stars our cat (who is called Haskell at my children's insistence)
> in an "experimental concrete music video", created by a Cambridge
> undergrad music student.  Enjoy!  (What is concrete music, btw?)

Ah, so *this* is the famous Glasgow Haskell Cat. I had always wondered
what the abbreviation GHC stands for.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com
Daniel Díaz Casanueva | 2 Jan 21:17 2013
Picon

Re: Haskell stars in experimental film

I am SO SCARED.