Doaitse Swierstra | 20 Jan 14:29 2013
Picon

Summer school on Applied Functional Programming at Utrecht University; deadline for registration May 15

Again we will teach an "Applied Functional Programming Summer in Haskell" school this year at Utrecht University. In the previous four occasions students were all very happy with the school and we plan to repeat this success this year.

Among the intended audience are prospective master students who gained an interest in Functional Programming, e.g. by taking a general course on programming languages, and want to learn more about Haskell and its typical programming patterns. In previous years we have taught an introductory part (advanced bachelor level), an advanced part (beginning master level) and a shared part for both groups. Topics covered are, besides some examples of domain specific languages, also monads, monad transformers, arrows, parser combinators and self-analysing programs, underlying principles, type inferencing, etc.

Half of the course time is spent on a larger programming exercise; you can also come with a problem of your own if you want, and get help from the Utrecht University Software Technology group in finding the proper Haskell idioms, tools and libraries, for solving it.

Important links:
  -- our own page where we supply information based on questions asked http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/USCS/
  -- on this page you can find the poster you can print and hang somewhere (why not your office door):

Furthermore we ask for your cooperation to bring this announcement under the attention of potential participants.

 Best,
 Doaitse Swierstra, Atze Dijkstra and Johan Jeuring

Johan Jeuring | 2 May 17:15 2013
Picon

Summer school on Applied Functional Programming at Utrecht University

We offer a summer school on

Applied Functional Programming in Haskell
August 19 - 30, 2013
Utrecht University.

The deadline for registration is May 20, 2013.
Almost 20 students have already registered.

In the previous four occasions students were all very happy with the school and we plan to repeat this success this year.

Among the intended audience are prospective master students who gained an interest in Functional Programming, e.g. by taking a general course on programming languages, and want to learn more about Haskell and its typical programming patterns. In previous years we have taught an introductory part (advanced bachelor level), an advanced part (beginning master level) and a shared part for both groups. Topics covered are, besides some examples of domain specific languages, monads, monad transformers, arrows, parser combinators and self-analysing programs, underlying principles, type inferencing, etc.

Half of the course time is spent on a larger programming exercise; you can also come with a problem of your own if you want, and get help from the Utrecht University Software Technology group in finding the proper Haskell idioms, tools and libraries, for solving it.

More information:

Please forward this announcement to potential participants.

 Best,
 Doaitse Swierstra, Atze Dijkstra and Johan Jeuring

S. Doaitse Swierstra | 18 Apr 15:58 2011
Picon

Summer school on Applied Functional Programming at Utrecht University; deadline for registration May 15

Again we will teach an "Applied Functional Programming Summer in Haskell" school this year at Utrecht University. In the previous two occasions students were all very happy with the school and we plan to repeat this success this year.

The intended audience are prospective master students who have been in contact with Functional Programming, e.g. by taking a general course on programming languages, and want to learn more about Haskell and its typical programming patterns. In the previous two years we have taught an introductory part (advanced bachelor level), an advanced part (beginning master level) and a shared part for both groups. Topics covered are, besides some examples of domain specific languages, also monads, monad transformers, arrows, parser combinators and self-analysing programs, underlying principles, type inferencing, etc. Half of the course time is spent on a larger programming exercise; you can also come with a problem of your own if you want, and get help from the Utrecht University Software Technology group in finding the proper Haskell idioms, tools and libraries, for solving it.

Important links:
  -- our own page where we supply information based on questions asked http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/bin/view/USCS2011/WebHome
  -- the poster you can print and hang somewhere (why not your office door): http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/pub/USCS2011/WebHome/USCSpos11.pdf
  -- the official summerschool site where you can register: http://www.utrechtsummerschool.nl/index.php?type=courses&code=H9

Furthermore we ask for your cooperation to bring this announcement under the attention of potential participants.

 Best,
 Doaitse Swierstra

PS: apologies if you get this mail more than once