Ian Lynagh | 29 Jan 18:25 2013

ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.6.2

    The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 7.6.2

The GHC Team is pleased to announce a new patchlevel release of GHC, 7.6.2.

This release fixes a number of bugs relative to 7.6.1, so we recommend
upgrading.

Full release notes are here:

  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/7.6.2/html/users_guide/release-7-6-2.html

How to get it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The easy way is to go to the web page, which should be self-explanatory:

        http://www.haskell.org/ghc/

We supply binary builds in the native package format for many
platforms, and the source distribution is available from the same
place.

Packages will appear as they are built - if the package for your
system isn't available yet, please try again later.

Background
~~~~~~~~~~
(Continue reading)

Jens Petersen | 2 Feb 07:04 2013

Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.6.2

On 30 January 2013 02:25, Ian Lynagh <ian-97r1ndUNnnIyY3YROqfsYA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The GHC Team is pleased to announce a new patchlevel release of GHC, 7.6.2.
>   http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/7.6.2/html/users_guide/release-7-6-2.html

Thank you for the release!

I have done test scratch builds for Fedora 19 Rawhide:

x86_64: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4921062
i686:   http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4921063
armv7:  http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1412219

Due to the Haskell Platform schedule being out of sync with Fedora's,
we will probably first see ghc-7.6 in a Fedora release towards the end of this year.

Jens

ps Note the above builds do not have auto-generated library interdependencies
and will disappear within a week. The "bootstrap" src rpm is also available from
can generate correct dependencies for ghc-pkg-7.6.

pps Just wish the source tarball was a bit smaller! (~80% is mingw64)