Levent Erkok | 10 Feb 23:54 2013
Picon

[Announcement] hArduino: Control your Arduino board from Haskell

I'm happy to announce hArduino: a library that allows Arduino boards to be controlled directly from Haskell. hArduino uses the Firmata protocol (http://firmata.org), to communicate with and control Arduino boards, making it possible to implement many controller projects directly in Haskell.


Some example programs:


Short (4.5 mins) youtube video of the blink example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPa3im44t2g

hArduino is work-in-progress: Patches, bug-reports, and feedback is most welcome.

-Levent.
_______________________________________________
Haskell mailing list
Haskell <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
Alfredo Di Napoli | 11 Feb 09:04 2013
Picon

Re: [Announcement] hArduino: Control your Arduino board from Haskell

Sounds cool! 

Thanks for your effort! :)
A.

On 10 February 2013 22:54, Levent Erkok <erkokl <at> gmail.com> wrote:
I'm happy to announce hArduino: a library that allows Arduino boards to be controlled directly from Haskell. hArduino uses the Firmata protocol (http://firmata.org), to communicate with and control Arduino boards, making it possible to implement many controller projects directly in Haskell.


Some example programs:


Short (4.5 mins) youtube video of the blink example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPa3im44t2g

hArduino is work-in-progress: Patches, bug-reports, and feedback is most welcome.

-Levent.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Ivan Perez | 12 Feb 16:29 2013
Picon

Re: [Announcement] hArduino: Control your Arduino board from Haskell

I, too, am very happy to see this implemented. I'll give it a try and
tell you how it goes. (not inmediately, sadly, I don't have my arduino
with me.)

Thanks a lot!

On 11 February 2013 08:04, Alfredo Di Napoli <alfredo.dinapoli <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds cool!
> Thanks for your effort! :)
> A.
>
> On 10 February 2013 22:54, Levent Erkok <erkokl <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm happy to announce hArduino: a library that allows Arduino boards to be
>> controlled directly from Haskell. hArduino uses the Firmata protocol
>> (http://firmata.org), to communicate with and control Arduino boards, making
>> it possible to implement many controller projects directly in Haskell.
>>
>>        Home page: http://leventerkok.github.com/hArduino/
>>        Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hArduino
>>
>> Some example programs:
>>
>>        Blink the led:
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/hArduino/latest/doc/html/System-Hardware-Arduino-SamplePrograms-Blink.html
>>        Digital counter:
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/hArduino/latest/doc/html/System-Hardware-Arduino-SamplePrograms-Counter.html
>>        Control an LCD:
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/hArduino/latest/doc/html/System-Hardware-Arduino-SamplePrograms-LCD.html
>>
>> Short (4.5 mins) youtube video of the blink example:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPa3im44t2g
>>
>> hArduino is work-in-progress: Patches, bug-reports, and feedback is most
>> welcome.
>>
>> -Levent.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
>> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
>> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>

Gmane