Jurriaan Hage | 31 May 15:39 2013
Picon

Job opening Ph D student in type error diagnosis for domain specific languages in Haskell

Dear Haskellers,

Apologies in case you have received multiple copies.

best,
Jur

VACANCY : 1x Phd Student in domain specific type error diagnosis for Haskell

The activities of the Software Systems division at Utrecht University include
research on programming methodologies, compiler construction, and program
analysis, validation, and verification. For information about the research
group of Software Technology, see:

 http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/Center

Financed by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO), we
currently have a job opening for:

 * 1x PhD researcher (Ph D student) Software Technology

Domain-specific languages (DSLs) have the potential both to reduce the effort of
programming, and to result in programs that are easier to understand and
maintain. For various good reasons, researchers have proposed to embed DSLs
(then called EDSLs) into a general purpose host language. An important
disadvantage of such an embedding is that it is very hard to make type error
diagnosis domain-aware, because inconsistencies are by default explained in
terms of the host language. We are currently looking for a highly motivated