Heinrich Apfelmus | 21 Jul 14:31 2013
Picon

[ANN] Initial release of the threepenny-gui library, version 0.1.0.0

Dear Haskellers,

     And the shark, he has teeth,
     And he wears them in (his) face.
     And Macheath, he has a knife,
     (But) yes the knife, no-one sees.

After an obligatory cryptical quotation from a famous writer, I am 
pleased to announce the first public release of *threepenny-gui*, a 
cheap and simple library to satisfy your immediate GUI needs in Haskell.

Want to write a small GUI thing but forgot to sacrifice to the giant 
rubber duck in the sky before trying to install wxHaskell or Gtk2Hs? 
Then this library is for you!

Threepenny-gui is easy to install (!!) because it uses the web browser 
as a display. Internally, we implement a small web server that 
communicates with the browser to display GUI elements. Consequently, you 
can use HTML and CSS to design the user interface. You can freely 
manipulate the HTML DOM and handle browser events by writing Haskell code.

   hackage  - http://hackage.haskell.org/package/threepenny-gui
   examples - https://github.com/HeinrichApfelmus/threepenny-gui#examples
   source   - https://github.com/HeinrichApfelmus/threepenny-gui

Many thanks to Daniel Austin for collaborating with me on this project 
and to Chris Done for implementing the Ji library which is the basis for 
this effort.

On that note, the threepenny API for creating and manipulating GUI 
(Continue reading)

Sergey Mironov | 21 Jul 21:19 2013
Picon

Re: [ANN] Initial release of the threepenny-gui library, version 0.1.0.0

Hi, I have a Path problem when installing threepenny-gui from Hackage.
Probably somtething trivial.

Sergey

src/BarTab.hs:9:8:
    Could not find module `Paths'
    Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
Failed to install threepenny-gui-0.1.0.0
cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
threepenny-gui-0.1.0.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

2013/7/21 Heinrich Apfelmus <apfelmus <at> quantentunnel.de>:
> Dear Haskellers,
>
>     And the shark, he has teeth,
>     And he wears them in (his) face.
>     And Macheath, he has a knife,
>     (But) yes the knife, no-one sees.
>
> After an obligatory cryptical quotation from a famous writer, I am pleased
> to announce the first public release of *threepenny-gui*, a cheap and simple
> library to satisfy your immediate GUI needs in Haskell.
>
> Want to write a small GUI thing but forgot to sacrifice to the giant rubber
> duck in the sky before trying to install wxHaskell or Gtk2Hs? Then this
> library is for you!
>
> Threepenny-gui is easy to install (!!) because it uses the web browser as a
(Continue reading)

Henning Thielemann | 21 Jul 22:13 2013
Picon

Re: [Haskell] [ANN] Initial release of the threepenny-gui library, version 0.1.0.0


On Sun, 21 Jul 2013, Sergey Mironov wrote:

> Hi, I have a Path problem when installing threepenny-gui from Hackage.
> Probably somtething trivial.

I have written a small script cabal-upload that tries to compile a package 
before uploading it to Hackage. That helps to assert that all required 
files are registered in the cabal file.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cabal-scripts
Heinrich Apfelmus | 22 Jul 01:06 2013
Picon

Re: [Haskell] [ANN] Initial release of the threepenny-gui library, version 0.1.0.0

Henning Thielemann wrote:
> 
> On Sun, 21 Jul 2013, Sergey Mironov wrote:
> 
>> Hi, I have a Path problem when installing threepenny-gui from Hackage.
>> Probably somtething trivial.
> 
> I have written a small script cabal-upload that tries to compile a 
> package before uploading it to Hackage. That helps to assert that all 
> required files are registered in the cabal file.
> 
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cabal-scripts

Nice! However, I can't find the  cabal-test  executable after installing 
your package?

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com
Heinrich Apfelmus | 22 Jul 01:05 2013
Picon

Re: [ANN] Initial release of the threepenny-gui library, version 0.1.0.0

Sergey Mironov wrote:
> Hi, I have a Path problem when installing threepenny-gui from Hackage.
> Probably somtething trivial.
> 
> Sergey
> 
> 
> src/BarTab.hs:9:8:
>     Could not find module `Paths'
>     Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
> Failed to install threepenny-gui-0.1.0.0
> cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
> threepenny-gui-0.1.0.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1

Ah, sorry about that, forgot to include some source files in the .cabal 
file.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com

Gmane